joining rooms

RNsoon2beNP

Ok question for yous that have booked conjoining rooms. Is there a trick to booking them? I have always booked online with ease and we love suites. But my babies are all bigger than me now. I am booked for the Vista in Feb 2017, and my kids will be 13, 15, and 17. So even with a suite it is getting tight. I was looking to book at the end of 2017 and really wanted to do conjoing rooms. They are almost adult, but not quite. And im not having any luck finding conjoining rooms.

So id love to get your feedback!

Also, with conjoining balconies, are you able to open up the dividers?

From what i have seen in the past they do not have joining rooms for 2 people in one and 3 in another, they are generally for 3 or more. your pvp may be able to book you into joining cabins but keep in mind that if the cruise starts to sell out they may move your room that only has 2 people in it to accommodate a family of 3 or more.

we had joining cabins my parents in one and my family of 4 in the other, they called them a couple months later and said that they were going to have to move my parents to a room for 2 on the other side of the ship in the very back (we were mid-ship), we just ended up transferring my niece from my sisters booking (5 in a room) to theirs so they could keep it. This was on the Destiny before she became the Sunshine.

Adjoining is side by side...Connecting has the door within the cabins to "connect" them.

With kids as old as yours, I would be ok with putting them beside me (without the connecting door) or across the hall.....

And, if you have the deck plans in front of you, it's very easy to CALL on the phone, and see what's available.

Edited by cb at sea

I had to call to get two rooms that connect, they were not showing as available online. I don't think they show but a very small number of available rooms online. I've had the same issue in the past trying to get adjoining rooms. I was able to get two rooms that connect, with only 2 per room calling my PVP. This is on Sunshine.

You have to call. I suggest studying the deck plan beforehand, and be sure to check the passenger capacity of each room because they do vary.

Unfortunately I have encountered way more "duds" than "studs" over the phone, so you should know all your options before you call. Once, after stating that I wanted to book connecting inside cabins, I was told, "I don't think there are any inside cabins that connect on that ship, because those rooms are pretty small." :confused::eek: I said okay thanks anyways, hung up and got someone better on the next try.

We booked a 3 connecting to a 2 cove balcony on the magic. There were a couple of these set ups. But even between when I started thinking about it and when I finally had time to call someone several of my options were booked so book as far in advance as possible. You need to study the deck plans pretty well to find the connecting rooms that accomodate 3/2.