Beach recommendation

Lialovestotravel

We are going to hire a tour guide through Daniel johnsons sloth and monkey sanctuary, and are trying to decide what to do for a few hours after that. Can you recommend a beach with bathrooms and a place to buy food/drinks? I don't really want an all inclusive, more one that we can use the facilities with purchase, since we're only going to be there for an hour or two. Thanks!

Also, any thoughts on the butterfly place?

We are going to hire a tour guide through Daniel johnsons sloth and monkey sanctuary, and are trying to decide what to do for a few hours after that. Can you recommend a beach with bathrooms and a place to buy food/drinks? I don't really want an all inclusive, more one that we can use the facilities with purchase, since we're only going to be there for an hour or two. Thanks!

Also, any thoughts on the butterfly place?

This is a very broad question.. I mean if all you seek in beach, food and drinks, any bit of sand will do. All the resorts offering day passes have these things available.

West Bay is the premier beach on the island.

West End has Half Moon Bay Beach with several eating options.

Fantasy Island

Parrot Tree

Turquoise Bay

Your driver will know the route he takes for your tour, perhaps he could offer some insight to beach options.

You might ask him if you have enough time to wander the village of West End, then hop a water taxi to West Bay, he could collect you in West Bay. This way you could see two of the islands beaches/areas.

Edited by Guest 2000

Thank you, I'm hoping our tour guide will have a suggestion that is exactly what we are looking for, but I'd love to have a tried and true restaurant/resort that we can buy drinks and food at and use their chairs etc for an hour or two without it ending up being hundreds. I'd be ok up to a hundred, but then I'd get uncomfortable with it being for such a short time. It is two adults and two kids if they are pp. thank you for the suggestions guest!

Thank you, I'm hoping our tour guide will have a suggestion that is exactly what we are looking for, but I'd love to have a tried and true restaurant/resort that we can buy drinks and food at and use their chairs etc for an hour or two without it ending up being hundreds. I'd be ok up to a hundred, but then I'd get uncomfortable with it being for such a short time. It is two adults and two kids if they are pp. thank you for the suggestions guest!

How much money you spend is going to depend on how much you eat and drink.

As an example have a look at the Bananarama web site, they have a day pass offer and there is a menu with prices. The food prices are going to be close anywhere on West Bay Beach. Day pass prices can vary, Infinity's passes are first come 1st served and expensive, it maybe do to the pool.

West End is usually has less expensive. I don't know if Sundowner's on Half Moon Bay Beach is still offering loungers but my guess is if you eat and drink they will let you hang about. Half Moon Bay Resort right on the water of Half Moon Bay is pleasant but they do not have a proper beach.

Edited by Guest 2000

Okay, so there are three options to understand:

1. Any beach - because all beaches are public in this country (Honduras) you can swim from, walk on, and hang about any beach. The question becomes GETTING to the beach and the use of beach chairs. So the ways the resorts get around the public beach issue is to close off access from the road to the beach and then they have their privately owned beach chairs at the palm tree line where the property becomes private.

2. Day Pass - several resorts have a "day pass" option that allows you to purchase a pass and then use their facilities- beach chairs, pool, restrooms, showers, etc. This can be super fun if you want to use all those things but pricey if you all you want to do is sit on a beach chair. Especially because in many cases you are then BUYING food on top of that.

3. Free with consumption - this is the option of using the beach and beach chairs if you are a buying customers. A few places allow you to use their beach chairs if you are buying food and/or drinks. Sundowner's is in West End and does this. there are not a lot of chairs so you can't be guaranteed a spot but it's a low key situation and relaxed. As long as you are buying they don't care. West End is a fun and relaxed village and Half Moon Bay is a nice beach and has some decent snorkeling. You can also rent a chair for about $5 down the beach a bit at Argentinian Grill / Posada Arco Iris. These two places you turn RIGHT at the entrance to West End. If you were to turn LEFT at the entrance there are some private folks who rent chairs but it is a disaster- that area you will be POUNDED by vendors walking the beach asking if you want your hair braided or want a massage!

If you want to go to West Bay- that is the beach we are famous for- there are many places that do day passes (#2) and a few that do free with consumption (#3). A locally owned place called Beacher's does this, they have plenty of chairs and they are further down West Bay Beach away from some of the chaos on cruise ship days. You can have a driver drive you there and then walk from the parking area out to the beach. They have a shower and bathrooms in the back. Sometimes they charge for parking or entrance but if you let them know you are eating there they shouldn't Bananarama sometimes also does this, where you can eat and drink and use the chairs.

Enjoy!