Is the Getaway pool deck really that bad?

zpdw484

Aside from crowded pool areas I read some really bad reviews about slides and other activities on Getaway. Some say they had to wait in line for an hour to get on a slide or trampoline, etc. Wondering if this is the typical experience on Getaway?

Been on Getaway during peak season twice .

There was never an hour wait for the slide even in sea days.

Sometimes the ropes would back up but that's it.

If you hit the slides on a port day or get back early from an excursion they are yours for the taking.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

There is no such thing as a pool that will accommodate 4000 passengers. I have been to all-inclusive resorts that have pools as large as a small lake and they cannot accommodate 4000 people. The pool on most cruise ships is really a novelty. The large RCL ships have more and larger pools but even they cannot come close to accommodating 4000 or more passengers.

The issue is that they several extra decks of passengers, yet all the same things are located on the pool deck: pools, landing areas for slides, hot tubs, buffet, fitness areas and spas. How about locating the fitness and spa areas on another deck and expanding the pool area? You have to witness the Getaway situation in person before commenting. True, most pools on cruise ships are never big enough but they are at least proportionate to the number of passengers. The Getaway is way off on this.