First time solo - cold feet

Mz11378

Have taken at least 15 cruises - but looking to book on 4/25 Coral Princess out of fll - is it fine to go solo on a non singles cruise - are there other singles - does the cruise have a special meet up type program or other activities - I am a 66 year old gentleman - retiree from Wall Street - still very active.

Hi, If you are by chance a past passenger of Holland America Line,this line has some very good rates for April 9th 15 night Veendam sailing out of Fort Lauderdale. 9 ports,5 sea days,Caribbean islands. I paid $1483.00(including port and taxes) for an inside cabin quarantee including port and taxes. Kendra

Hello :)

I am a single lady, and have only ever cruised solo

....and all on Princess ships :D

I believe there is a singles ' get together' but have never felt the need to attend - not my thing :o

You'll love Coral Princess - a beautiful ship, and I sailed on her a few months ago to the Panama Canal :)

Enjoy your trip :D

I travelled solo on the Coral from fll in April last year. It was my first cruise and I had the time of my life. I met so many great people that it got kind of difficult to have actual alone time. There was always someone up for a chat, a drink, board games etc. They do offer single and solo get togethers, I suggest you go to the very first one and decide if it's for you. If it's not it isn't a big thing if you choose not to attend again. If you are feeling at all like you want to mingle check out your daily patter and go along to things like trivia, games even the craft classes.

Have taken at least 15 cruises - but looking to book on 4/25 Coral Princess out of fll - is it fine to go solo on a non singles cruise - are there other singles - does the cruise have a special meet up type program or other activities - I am a 66 year old gentleman - retiree from Wall Street - still very active.

I have not sailed Princess, but I am sure there will be other solo passengers (whether single or not single).......it is absolutely fine to cruise solo and many people do it for different reasons. I don't know what Princess might have for solo passengers, but even if they don't have anything, I have no doubt you will find it easy to strike up conversations with other cruisers at the dinner table or at a lounge, bar, or pool - whether they are sailing solo or not.

I have sailed solo on Crystal twice, and have 2 more solo voyages booked for the future.

I've been solo on Princess many times and non of the cruises was a "singles cruise." They do have a few solo get-togethers, but I don't think that's really Princess' strong suit and perhaps why I like Princess. (I don't really feel the need to meet other solo cruisers.)

First, I think you are going to have a great time and you'll probably be hooked on cruising by the time you get off the ship.

Second, search the Princess Patter and go to the first solo get-together. Even if you see that the bar or room is empty, go on in and wait if you have to. I did that on my very first cruise and only a couple of people showed up. BUT, the assistant cruise director showed up and we all chatted for a bit. After that meeting every time I saw her around the ship she would stop and talk and ask how things were going and introduce me to other crew members. She would give me advice on things she thought I might be interested in. To me, she was kind of like an older sister even though age-wise I was more like her mother's age.

I had a great time on that cruise and actually met lots of people.

Oh, and another thing to try to remember is that YOU know you are cruising solo, but no one else does. If I passed you onboard the ship I wouldn't have any clue if you were solo or not. How many people are joined at the hip with their traveling companion(s)?

Enjoy yourself and have a wonderful time. I've heard great things about the Coral and I'm booked on her for a Partial Transit Panama Canal cruise in October. I'm really looking forward to it.