RCI visa OBC single occupancy vs Double occupancy

I fear I"m missing something obvious here but want to make sure I get it right. I'm trying to redeem RCI visa points for OBC and there are two choices for each increment... ex. $50 OBC single occupancy or $50 double occupancy. Both are the same amount of points. What is the difference? Thanks!

I fear I"m missing something obvious here but want to make sure I get it right. I'm trying to redeem RCI visa points for OBC and there are two choices for each increment... ex. $50 OBC single occupancy or $50 double occupancy. Both are the same amount of points. What is the difference? Thanks!

Single occupancy the amount goes to one person. Double occupancy the amount is split between both occupants.

It really makes no sense.

I believe if you are sharing a cabin with, let's say, your spouse, you can choose to put OBC on your own account, or, let your spouse help spend it. :)

If you are sharing a cabin with a friend and you want them to use their own spending money, the single OBC would be the way to go.

Edited by Nhsaltshaker

I always select the double option. Never understood the difference. There are four of us in the cabin and the OBC only shows up on my account. At the end of the cruise all charges are settled on my account, less the OBC, the remainder hits my card. If I had redeemed single option, it would probably result in the same outcome. Will look forward to other responses.