Embarkment question for recent NOS cruisers

we are about to cruise on the NOS (navigator of the seas) - we have a rental to drop off to the airport, I am thinking best to drop hubby, gma and 3 kids at port then run car back and just catch shuttle/cab back to port.

-should they get in line while waiting for me to get back? I'm guessing 45m-1hr round trip for me- thinking of dropping them off around 10:30am-11am ish -OR will they be too far gone for me to catch up to them?

Thanks fellow cruisers!

I would check and see if there's a drop off location near the port! If not, I'd let them go ahead and board, otherwise, it makes no sense for them to stand around waiting on you! Your wife will need a credit card to secure the account...and you can board later!

I don't think anyone can give you a definite answer to this as embarkations differ from week to week depending on when and what time people choose to arrive. It is possible you may drop them and they get through the check in process in 20 minutes. It happens all the time.

If I have to guess, I think they will be long gone but if you are on the the same sea pass you will have to check in together so the agent will most likely make them step aside.

Then you will need documentation to get through security so if you choose to let them go ahead as far as they can make sure and print a second sea pass for you to show security.

I did this last month with Thrifty - there is a drop off site about 10-15 minutes away and they have multiple buses to take you back. Have them get on ship and you can call them on your cell phone to find them.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We've done this several ways. Really depends on which car company you have and which pier in Fort Lauderdale you are going out of. Some car companies have shuttles to the pier, so you could drop the car off at the airport and take that (or a cab). This takes an hour.

Some car companies have locations near the port. Avis at Hyatt Pier 66, Alamo just out north gate, Hertz at Mariott. None of these are near the normal pier for Navigator but are walkable to berth 2 if they are using that. All hotels have pay shuttles and cabs to piers, which will be faster than going to the airport. Maybe 45 minutes.

We stay overnight in Ft Lauderdale and most hotels charge for parking. Often turn in rental car the night before and take transfer to pier (last time was $6 per person without a reservation).

If I drop off family I usually do it around 9:30-10, which allows me time to get back. If later you will want to keep a copy of the setsail pass and your passport and let them check in and go onboard, with you checking in separately. Typically doors open at 11 and boarding starts around 12, so you can probably catch up with them in the waiting area. GMA will want the seat after standing in line. Or you can wait until later and meet them onboard.