Internet on the Glory...

traceytd

I was on the Glory last week. I paid for the social plan for 2 days and then splashed out on the value plan for the last sea day. Facebook worked fine but I found the value package to be quite slow. Still worth doing though if you need it.

... You will still need to pay the $5 for the duration of the cruise for the app chat feature regardless if you have a plan.

Haven't found any other details on the HUB app, for instance, is the messaging portion of the app by Stateroom, or person, if by person how do you know their username? I like the concept of having the daily schedule and the deck layout right there on the app, but don't want to broadcast messages to everyone in my staterooms each time I send a message to one person.

Thanks for anyone that knows how it works.

Haven't found any other details on the HUB app, for instance, is the messaging portion of the app by Stateroom, or person, if by person how do you know their username? I like the concept of having the daily schedule and the deck layout right there on the app, but don't want to broadcast messages to everyone in my staterooms each time I send a message to one person.

I haven't used the chat feature but the app itself and all the things in it besides chat are free. Just thought I would throw that in in case someone didn't know.

Each person would pay the $5 for the chat feature, but you add each person you want to chat with. Then, it's just like other IM services.

If we were to buy the premium plan, is that the price per room or per device?

Per log in. So if you are sharing say your laptop with your cabin mate and only 1 person is going to be on at a time, then you just need one. Same as if you each have a device but only 1 person is going online at a time. But if you have 2 laptops (or cell phones or any combination of the two) and you want to use them at the same time, you will need 2 plans. Hope that makes sense.

Edited by firemanbobswife

Per log in. So if you are sharing say your laptop with your cabin mate and only 1 person is going to be on at a time, then you just need one. Same as if you each have a device but only 1 person is going online at a time. But if you have 2 laptops (or cell phones or any combination of the two) and you want to use them at the same time, you will need 2 plans. Hope that makes sense.

So it can be on multiple devices but you can only use one device at a time?

• 2 weeks later...
For the use of their computers, are there other plans offered ? Like can we pay for minutes, for example ?

No. Whether you use your own device or their computers, you pay either per day or for the entire cruise. In either case it's unlimited use for the time that you pay for.