Regal "better" breakfast choices?

Clampram

Oh I also go pretty easy on breakfast because there's not really something for breakfast that I haven't had the option to eat every day of my life compared to the amazing stuff you can get for lunch or dinner. I usually have to save my calories for the specialty pizzas at lunch! I think my husband eats pizza 3 times a day when we Cruise LOL

Edited by Mrs.Gosse

Yep, as others have said breakfast parfaits are typically very carb heavy. Think a yummy candy dish.

Go for the protein, eggs, bacon, maybe some grilled asparagus if on the buffet. If your watching carbs skip the toast, beans.

I see smoked salmon in the HC buffet every time. The trouble is the compulsion to add bagel and cream cheese. But scrambled eggs is yummy with salmon too. Lox: It's the bacon of the sea!

Edited by sminfiddle

A yogurt parfait as a "better" low calorie breakfast?

Two eggs + two slices Canadian bacon = 200 calories, 18g protein, near zero carbs.

Anything made with yogurt or fruit syrup (which is added to the parfait) is 300-400 calories of essentially pure liquid carbs.

I have stopped trying to explain things like this. People don't realize what they are eating and the effect it has on them.

I see smoked salmon in the HC buffet every time. The trouble is the compulsion to add bagel and cream cheese. But scrambled eggs is yummy with salmon too. Lox: It's the bacon of the sea!

This is a great idea and not something that I thought about before. I have recently been eating Faroe Island salmon that I marinate and broil and it's quite tasty. I will try some salmon from the IC maybe with a plain egg. That will be some good protein for breakfast. Thanks!

Better Breakfast: 8-12 strips bacon, 6 sausage, hash brown potatoes with gravy, waffle, ham and cheese omelette, four cups coffee, 2 latte, two or three cinnamon rolls or other pastry... of course a small bowl of fresh fruit with Chia seeds.

LOL!!!! Sounds like my breakfast when I'm on vacation!