Any word on new promos?

garnet115

It isn't about being purposely screwed, but mistakes happen. On my last cruise on the getaway, I was missing $800 in obc, and having the paperwork available made it easier and faster to get it corrected.

Im like you and always take my paperwork in case of a potential problem.

I booked our Breakaway Haven for August 2016 in an H4 I think almost two years ago. There are six of us, five over 21 (my family). We all have UDP for every night and five of us have the UBP. We didnt pay the extra grat on them it was never an option. While I do not have the original terms and conditions, some time last year I asked NCL to please email me the list of amenities I have for our cabin. It shows all our names and what we have included. We also had pre paid the grat when we booked when this sailing first opened and it also shows that info. I am taking this paper with me. It wont cost me anything extra or take up an extra space. Not that Im paranoid as someone else posted but like you better to be safe than sorry and have to wait to getnhome or spend vacation hours trying to sort it all out.

Edited by js

Thanks to those of you who did the mock bookings. I just did that myself and I also see that the service charges are listed for a non-Haven category (if you choose the UBP and/or SDP), and are not listed for Haven suites. So, I am cautiously optimistic that Haven perk has not been taken away, despite how the latest terms and conditions read.

I don't interpret any of the aforementioned concerns as bizarre, nor paranoid.

I had (2) separate issues on the Escape regarding the UDP (yes, I know they don't have that anymore). I was told, in both cases, something to the effect of, if I disagreed what they were charging me, I needed to go to Guest Services.

Not only did I experience some problems, several people have posted on Cruise Critic the inconsistencies, confusion, and the like, regarding packages and pricing. The workers don't always agree and interpret the rules/guidelines differently.

Promos change regularly. You don't see people posting here that they got on the ship and were screwed because they had a different promo than others who booked at other times. There are always people booking with different promos. So I am not sure why there is a feeling in this thread like ya'll think NCL is purposefully going to try to screw you over and you'd better watch out. There is no basis in reality for that kind of bizarre, paranoid thinking.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand why people complain about having the UBP as a perk. You don't HAVE to take it, you have the option to save the $183(or whatever it is now) and just pick a different perk.

You're right. I don't have to take UBP and I do NOT take it. It wouldn't regularly drink the amount of the gratuity in alcohol during a week's voyage anyway. My beef with the UBP continuously being offered is that it's driving up cruise prices for EVERYONE, including those of us who don't drink, because of the consumption of those who do have it and use it and NCL loses with them. Somehow, some way, NCL has to make up for that. My beef is that I'm tired of paying for those who want the package for excessive consumption and then on top of having to pay single supplements, I have to pay that much more because this package is dragging down NCL's bottom line.

I always take the UDP, now SDP and that has been the best value but as of late, that's getting cut way more than the UBP has and yet my cruise price has not decreased in value nor has the alleged gratuity for it.

If you don't take the packages at all then you lose out because it's already in the jacked base fare. They're just trying to recover more $ by using the alleged "gratuity" to cover some more of it. I feel bad for the crew because they're the real losers in all of this non-sense and that's why NCL's numbers for customer complaints and poor reviews are skyrocketing. Now NCL is marked less than Carnival by overall guest satisfaction based on cruise reviews (check that section).

This cruise line used to be so great and to watch it decline to what it is today is so sad. :(

You're right. I don't have to take UBP and I do NOT take it. It wouldn't regularly drink the amount of the gratuity in alcohol during a week's voyage anyway. My beef with the UBP continuously being offered is that it's driving up cruise prices for EVERYONE, including those of us who don't drink, because of the consumption of those who do have it and use it and NCL loses with them. Somehow, some way, NCL has to make up for that. My beef is that I'm tired of paying for those who want the package for excessive consumption and then on top of having to pay single supplements, I have to pay that much more because this package is dragging down NCL's bottom line.

I always take the UDP, now SDP and that has been the best value but as of late, that's getting cut way more than the UBP has and yet my cruise price has not decreased in value nor has the alleged gratuity for it.

If you don't take the packages at all then you lose out because it's already in the jacked base fare. They're just trying to recover more $ by using the alleged "gratuity" to cover some more of it. I feel bad for the crew because they're the real losers in all of this non-sense and that's why NCL's numbers for customer complaints and poor reviews are skyrocketing. Now NCL is marked less than Carnival by overall guest satisfaction based on cruise reviews (check that section).

This cruise line used to be so great and to watch it decline to what it is today is so sad. :(

why not just book the "no frils" option and save some cash

do a mock booking, when you get to the page where you would choose a promotion there is a no frills option with no promo and a lower price. Or call NCL

I just did three mock bookings for a minsuite, an two separte balcony cabins.

It offers the "no frills" option in the list of options..but the price is the same !!

I've seen reference to this "no frills" option at a lower price but I too see it at the exact same price. The only savings would be that you dont pay grats on the free promos. But you also dont get the promos.

Is there a no frills that is "cheaper"?

I just called NCL to inquire. The "no frills" option is available on "select sailings" and not the same time period across the ships. So, for example on our Getaway, it's certain sailings from March-July. For another ship, it's from March - August. mystery solved, to me anyway [emoji5]

I just did three mock bookings for a minsuite, an two separte balcony cabins.

It offers the "no frills" option in the list of options..but the price is the same !!

On sailings I look at, it's always the same price too! I don't see any "no frills" options. If they exist NCL has be mum on where to find them.