Actual Decrease in Drink Packages haha

Ok, so I know there have been a few threads floating around about decreases in drink packages due to a misunderstanding of the price structure and whether or not gratuities were actually included.

However, there appears to be a promotion that just started this morning for 20% off of drink packages. I know for sure it applies to the Ultimate and Premium packages and that is only good for "certain sailings". I could not find this promotion on the RC website though so I don't have many helpful details!

As such, I do not know for sure which sailings as the representatives I spoke to weren't super clear on this but it did apply to our Anthem sailing. I was also assured by three separate representatives that it DOES includes gratuities! We have already cancelled our higher priced drink packages and re-purchased at the reduced rate and printed out all the confirmations so we do know that it is in fact a truly reduced rate!

So, to anyone who has already purchased or is interested in purchasing a drink package, check out your cruise planner to see if it pops up with a 20% off!! :D Good luck!

I'm trying to figure out how to take a screen shot on my desk top but I'm honestly not sure how to, or if I can?!

Edited to add: Ok! At least other people are finding the discounts as well!! :D

Edited by sammydh82

Thanks so much, I was able to grab the 20% off discount! I've been on the fence about whether or not to purchase a package since I'm not much of a drinker, but this tipped my hand. I would never have thought to look for beverage package sales if I hadn't seen it posted here. Gotta love CC!

Anthem 4/8/16 is currently running 20% off alcoholic beverage packages (not replenish nor refreshment.) Current prices are:

Select - $31/day

Premium - $39/day

Ultimate - $47/day

For a 10 day cruise, I paid $472 for the Ultimate package just now, so I'm guessing the $47 included tip.

Discount also for 16N Ovation of the Seas cruise on 10th May.

Cheers for the heads up! I've just bought a discounted Select package for DH. Have also printed off the small print where it says tips included! Gotta love a bargain :)

Ok, so I know there have been a few threads floating around about decreases in drink packages due to a misunderstanding of the price structure and whether or not gratuities were actually included.

However, there appears to be a promotion that just started this morning for 20% off of drink packages. I know for sure it applies to the Ultimate and Premium packages and that is only good for "certain sailings". I could not find this promotion on the RC website though so I don't have many helpful details!

As such, I do not know for sure which sailings as the representatives I spoke to weren't super clear on this but it did apply to our Anthem sailing. I was also assured by three separate representatives that it DOES includes gratuities! We have already cancelled our higher priced drink packages and re-purchased at the reduced rate and printed out all the confirmations so we do know that it is in fact a truly reduced rate!

So, to anyone who has already purchased or is interested in purchasing a drink package, check out your cruise planner to see if it pops up with a 20% off!! :D Good luck!

Thanks for the Heads up about the going discount. I was waiting around hoping something like this would happen. buying a drink package for 9 days gets a little pricey. while I know I can forego the first couple of days on the cruise I would just prefer to purchase the package an get it out of the way.. thanks again.. this thread just saved me some money!!!

Cheers for the heads up! I've just bought a discounted Select package for DH. Have also printed off the small print where it says tips included! Gotta love a bargain :)

Where is the fine print that says tips are included? I'd like to print that as well. Though my receipt should be enough?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where is the fine print that says tips are included? I'd like to print that as well. Though my receipt should be enough?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

During the booking process, just after you add which person you're booking the drinks package for (I think) a little blue circle with an i on it appears beside the total - if you click on that & scroll down a bit it clearly stated gratuities are included.in price shown.

What did you do to get the discount? Just called them and said I want to check if my cruise is part of this discount? Were you able to see the price drop on the website?

Would love to see some details on this if anyone has them.

Good to know. Mine not included. Wondering from anyone that got it--- might this include diamond or above discounts?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I checked our sailing when I first saw this thread and it wasn't showing a discount. I went back to this thread about 20 minutes later to see what everyone was responding and decided to check our sailing again. This time we did have the discount (though it was showing as "image not available" so I think they might be slowly adding it to all upcoming sailings? We didn't pounce on it because I'm really only interested in the non alcoholic package. This will be my first RCL cruise so it's definitely not status based.

I'm trying to figure out how to take a screen shot on my desk top but I'm honestly not sure how to, or if I can?!

Edited to add: Ok! At least other people are finding the discounts as well!! :D

Nope... not me on the 5 day Indy

I just got mine at the discount!!! Thank you for the post... I had already purchased the royal replenishment plan thinking I would buy a drink here or there... Now with the deal it is only about $17 a day more... I can handle drinking that much a day, I figured that would be a pool side drink and a glass of wine at dinner and I made up the difference!! Yay can't wait only 19 more days!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app