Advice on solo cruising and Specialty Dining for first time Norwegian cruiser

woolbie

will be cruising for the first time on Norwegian Getaway this April. I have cruised to Alaska on Celebrity in the past. Since my husband could not get off work I will be doing the solo suite room. I was curious if anyone else had cruised solo on this ship before and if so how you liked it? Did you find the sign ups in the lounge helpful for meeting others while on the ship? And what the general age range was for those cruising in these rooms. Also I purchased the spd 3 night package. I plan on Cagney's, Le Bistro and can't decide if Teppanyaki is worth it for my 3rd night or if I should do a repeat at Cagney's or Le Bistro or pay the upcharge and try Ocean Blue. I could also possibly just dine there al la carte on a 4th night. Normally I would let my husband make the decision so I'm having a difficult time. I will say I'm a foodie and when we sailed celebrity we were in Aqua class. We loved the Blu dining room and I was disappointed with the buffet for lunch.

Join your roll call & go to the solo meetings!! I was worried I'd be eating alone but I met so many people. Even one night I napped through the solo meeting & was wandering around looking for where to have dinner & ran into people from my roll call who invited me to join them.

there is an excellent solo review by "perditax" from last year on the Getaway. It comes right up in a search. (sorry don't know how to attach links.:()

Might be worth taking a look if you haven't seen it. She gave a lot of great info.

Enjoy your cruise:)

I have sailed 7 times on The Getaway all but once in a Studio. Loved it. Will be doing 22 straight days in December.

I very rarely use the Studio Lounge. You can ask at each restaurants desk to be stetted with others. Be sure to sign up for the Roll Call for your cruise and attend the Meet and Greet. Both are excellent ways to meet people that will be and are on your cruise.

If I had a choice between Teppanyaki and Ocean Blue, Ocean Blue no question.

The most important thing I can tell you is to relax and joy. The Getaway is a wonderful ship and has a great staff from the Captain on down. Have fun.

Mandy

I sail solo 99% of the time and have sailed Getaway many times. Teppanyaki is great but Ocean Blue is wonderful. Your concierge can make dinner reservations for you upon boarding if you don't want to pre-book restaurants.

There are solo traveler gatherings every night with place and time listed in the Freestyle Daily. Another great place to meet fellow suite guests is around cocktail hour at the Haven bar.

Bon voyage!

Tracy