Question about upsell

Vacationlover2

Hi all,

I have 2 inside cabins booked for my upcoming March 26 cruise on the Spirit. There are no upsells available at this point in time but I called my travel agent to find out the cost to upgrade. It would be $253 per cabin to upgrade from an inside to a guaranteed balcony. Do you think I would do better to wait for upsells or do you think upsell will offer essentially the same price?

Thanks!

Hello, On our cruise about 1.5 months ago on the Gem a few people did the Upsell from an inside to a balcony guarantee and paid between 200 and 300 depending on timing and luck.

You have a close call. I would look on a website and see how many balcony rooms are still available. If there are a ton of balcony's left maybe wait. You would not be making a mistake to take it. I don't think you are going to do any better than $200 per cabin. If it's a big deal to you, than jump on it and know you have your balcony.

Good Luck

Rob

I don't think I would wait in this case. You are already going to be getting close to what they could offer you and only 13 days out you run the risk of them just giving those cabins away as upgrades if they feel they won't sell out.

I'm all for upsells, and got one myself, but waiting much longer for a balcony I would think, is risky considering the minimal gain of waiting.

I don't think I would wait in this case. You are already going to be getting close to what they could offer you and only 13 days out you run the risk of them just giving those cabins away as upgrades if they feel they won't sell out.

I'm all for upsells, and got one myself, but waiting much longer for a balcony I would think, is risky considering the minimal gain of waiting.

I agree 100%.

Tough call. You are the only person who can make the decision. If I was doing it, I would probably pay the $250, I don't think you are going to get it for less than $200 per room. I also would never book an inside as a balcony is very much a need for us. Everyone is different. I have friends who always take an inside and they love saving the bucks.

Rob