Social media package access question

Builder31

Asked this in another thread but didn't get an answer.

When you get the social media plan how do you access the services? Can you just use each app from your phone? Or do you have to go online with your phone browser and login?

I'm asking because my family can't remember their passwords (since they are already logged in via the app) and they would need to reset them before we sail.

We will be in the Valor which doesn't have the Carnival hub app if that makes a difference. Thx.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Have him look for the wifi signal, then try to access it. It will ask for last name, birth day/month, and folio # from S&S card to access. Then every 24 hours he'll have to enter the same info to re-activate.

Edited by MarcelLucSell

0) Load the Hub App prior to boarding the ship. You won't have access to the App Store unless you buy full internet access.

1) Connect your device to the Ship's wifi.

At that point, the Hub App will work. You have to login to the Hub App with your card # and date of birth.

Only one device can be logged into the hub app (per card #) at a time. So if you have an ipad and an iphone, when you log into one, you log out of the other.

2) If you want to use other internet services, you then need to login/purchase internet access. Go to your browser, and the login/purchase screen will load.

You can only have one device logged in at a time. If you log in with another device, it will ask if you want to log out another device. Note: I did not see a way to have 2 accounts for 2 devices, other than someone else's Sign and Sail card number (cabin mate).

Note: this is a separate login from the Hub App login.

3) The level of internet service you purchase determines what sites you can access and the speed. Social Media basically works with apps that access social media sites. I am not sure if you can access sites like Facebook from a browser if you only have Social Media access.

I'm asking because my family can't remember their passwords (since they are already logged in via the app) and they would need to reset them before we sail.

From the App's point of view, it doesn't know. Either it can connect, or it cannot. Once you purchase Social Media Access, the app will connect.

So: You don't have to change the PW as long as the App doesn't ask for it (some apps do). However, you should probably change the PW prior to departure, just in case you need it during the cruise. Being in the middle of the ocean, and having to upgrade internet access just to change the PW is not a situation you want to be in.

Edited by richmke

On the Sunshine you entered your FOLIO number and your birthdate to connect. There isn't a password to remember and the number is on your card. I was able to use and iPad, iPhone, and their desktop computers with the value plan but could only be logged into one device at a time.