What to do when it rains?

Hey everyone

I leave in 2 days for my cruise. WOOHOO

Can't wait. Someone in the group I am going with posted how its going to RAIN the whole week of our cruise.

While I will have fun no matter what, it got me thinking, what do you do when it rains on your cruise?

I would imagine the "inside" activities would be super crowded?

Do excursions get cancelled when it rains?

Thanks in advance.

When it rains I find a nice little lounge that is uncrowded with comfortable seats, throw on the sweatshirt I packed because the a/c is always too cold for me in the public rooms and work on the books I brought to read!

I also watch a lot more movies when it rains!

Whether the excursion will get cancelled due to rain will depend on the excursion and the operator. When I was in GC in 2003 I did two excursions and it was pouring rain almost the entire day. The first excursion was a tour of the island, which they did as planned. The other excursion, to Stingray City had problems. Half the tour operators were cancelling their excursions because the rain was making the waters rough. The other half were still operating.

As to what I do if it rains, as long as it is warm, I put on my swimsuit and go outside and enjoy it, unless there is thunder and lightening. This is when waterproof cameras come in real handy. I don't let the rain ruin my vacation plans, especially if my only plan was to relax and have a good time.

We had rain last week while in Cozumel and 3 tours were cancelled on shore. We did the sub tour and it went as usual. We took light ponchos too so walking in town wasn't an issue. Not sure about your ship but we had a beautiful "indoor" pool and hot tubs. We actually liked that area better than the outdoor one. Although we didn't use them we also had two libraries and I understand they had board games in them. The cruise directors are also well prepared for things that have to be moved indoors. There were plenty of activites going on during the day so you shouldn't have trouble finding something to do. If they cancel your excursion and you booked through the ship they'll credit your seapass. Try a massage or take a class in the spa. We took a "couples massage" class and it was great.

Have a great trip!

Linda

We have never had a problem finding things to do when it rains. There are so many activities planned that many people never pay attention to. Trivia....only 9 of us participated. Have you tried the wine tasting or learned how to fold the towel animals? It may sound boring....but if you go with some of your friends, you can have a wonderful time. They do take into account if it is raining and outside activities have to be cancelled, and they plan other activities accordingly.

I'm a big ship person anyway. I could actually do without the ports...So, for me...let it rain, let it rain, let it rain.

There is plenty to do, and I'm sure your Cruise Director will have some fun ideas for the passengers too.

When we were on the Navigator it rained just about every day. We had rain in all the ports and even while we were at sea. One day we were playing mini-golf and it started pouring..as everyone else ran for cover we just stayed there laughing and finishng up our game :D

We were on the Expolorer last week and yep it rained most days! There was plenty to do tho. And not sure about the other ships have never used one before on a ship til this cruise, but the Explorer has a tanning booth in the spa. So you will still be able to get a tan even if it rains.

One thing to pack would be those throw away rain coats. We took them and they came in very handy, think the cost was like .27 each and it kept us dry and we still were able to shop!!! then when it stopped raining for the day we just tossed them.

Have fun even if it does rain, We did.

When we were on the Navigator it rained just about every day. We had rain in all the ports and even while we were at sea. One day we were playing mini-golf and it started pouring..as everyone else ran for cover we just stayed there laughing and finishng up our game :D

Were you on the Navigator 11-8-03? I was on that trip. If not, it also rained every day. It left very late, if it would have left on time, it would have been dry (at least for a couple of hours) I would love to know if it was the same one! That was my honeymoon :p We had a blast. We were with 9 others, we took over the hot tubs, even at night in the pouring rain, with heavy winds and the pools had waves of their own! We also had our own personal waiter who provided us with bottle after bottle of Asti! I think it was sunny for two ours one sea day and 3 hours in Labadee. The last cruise we had sun was 2002. This next one should be just as wet. Whatever, we are on vacation!!

Hey everyone

I leave in 2 days for my cruise. WOOHOO

Can't wait. Someone in the group I am going with posted how its going to RAIN the whole week of our cruise.

While I will have fun no matter what, it got me thinking, what do you do when it rains on your cruise?

I would imagine the "inside" activities would be super crowded?

Do excursions get cancelled when it rains?

Thanks in advance.

Head to nearest bar on the ship!!

Archived