Disembarkation Vancouver

niakwa

Will be disembarking in Vancouver from Celebrity Millenniu. Ship arrives 7 a.m.

Celebrity says not to book flight before noon.

There is non stop flight leaving Vancouver airport at 11:20 a.m gets us home at 3 p.m.. Next flight has stops and gets us home at 9 p.m

Anyone had experience on disembarking and catching flight before noon.

At first I was going to say not to do it. If you were from the USA I would say no way.

But it should be much quicker for you at the airport.

I guess it would be good to see what the experience has been for Canadian Passport Holders and not USA passport holders.

I think you want to post this on the Canada board too.

Keith

My experience may NOT be your experience but....

I self-disembark in Vancouver, grab a cab, and am usually at the airport before 9 a.m. Where I then pay the change fee to get on an earlier flight. (I always factor in the $100 change fee when I budget).

Being one of the first off the ship really helps IMHO and that is the ONLY way I would suggest you try for the earlier flight, if that is what you decide. Otherwise you will get the pinch points of both Canadian Customs and cab line waiting. Usually both of those move along quickly but Murphy's Law sometimes applies. (Of course, your risk tolerance may be better than mine :D )

Have you checked both Air Canada and Westjet for flights?

Edited by CowPrincess

Am Canadian and flying to Winnipeg.

Booked thru choice air and there was change to my original flight which lead to the 9 p.m. time in my post. Initially phoned are Canada and found you about the 11:20 a.m. flight and they said would have to make change to it thru Choice Air.

Have now called them and they will not change as it is their policy to not book flights before noon!!!!

Will be disembarking in Vancouver from Celebrity Millenniu. Ship arrives 7 a.m.

Celebrity says not to book flight before noon.

There is non stop flight leaving Vancouver airport at 11:20 a.m gets us home at 3 p.m.. Next flight has stops and gets us home at 9 p.m

Anyone had experience on disembarking and catching flight before noon.

Here's the recommended plan...

• 7am ship docks
  • 7:30am... first walk off's?
  • 7:45am get in cab... Takes about 25 to 35 minutes to get to airport
  • 8:20am recommend arrival w/ 3hrs for your customs and security searches (weapons, luggage, body, hand, liquids, WMD's, etc....)
  • 11:20am wheels up

From this timeline.... you have 15 minutes contingency for cruise terminal congestion and customs..... very tight. I recommend the later flight... enjoy the ship breakfast and enjoy your final port.

Ooops.... reread the thread to Winnipeg... you only need to be at airport 2hours in advance..... I would also agree with doable...

revised plan...

• 7am ship docks
  • 8:45am latest time to get in cab... Takes about 25 to 35 minutes to get to airport. Perhaps aim for 8:30am.
  • 9:20am recommend arrival w/ 2hrs for your security searches (weapons, luggage, body, hand, liquids, WMD's, etc....)

Am Canadian and flying to Winnipeg.

Booked thru choice air and there was change to my original flight which lead to the 9 p.m. time in my post. Initially phoned are Canada and found you about the 11:20 a.m. flight and they said would have to make change to it thru Choice Air.

Have now called them and they will not change as it is their policy to not book flights before noon!!!!

What day/date are you flying? And can you cancel your Choice Air and book independently for the flight home?

May 27. Cannot cancel

Dang on not being able to cancel :( There's a Westjet at 12:45 pm, nonstop Vcr to Wpg.

i've only used cruise air once, not Celebrity, so not sure if they can or will work with Westjet. It might be worth asking though.

I detest flying and waiting and flying and and and..... enough that I would try speaking with a supervisor, with the position that you agreed to a different flight, which was then arbitrarily changed by the airline, and you want Choice Air to help you minimize the inconvenience that the airline has caused. (if in fact I am understanding what happened, that the airline changed your flight)

Thanks, Airlines changed all my flights going to Anchorage and also returning from Vancouver!

Tried with Choice Air and response in both cases sorry our rule is we cannot book a flight before noon.

Thanks to everyone who replied but it is what it is :-(

Ooops.... reread the thread to Winnipeg... you only need to be at airport 2hours in advance..... I would also agree with doable...

revised plan...

• 7am ship docks
  • 8:45am latest time to get in cab... Takes about 25 to 35 minutes to get to airport. Perhaps aim for 8:30am.
  • 9:20am recommend arrival w/ 2hrs for your security searches (weapons, luggage, body, hand, liquids, WMD's, etc....)

Also ... the OP is disembarking in Van from a U.S. embarkation point - so must clear Canadian Customs at the Vancouver terminal = more time !!!

...VTX-Al