Anthing I have forgotten?

Truebliss72

I was wandering if you kind people could tell me anything I may have forgotten to think of to bring with us on our cruise....please

• Zip lock bags
  • batteries
  • sea sickness tablets for kids/adults
  • torch
  • alarm clock
  • safety pins
  • medicines (pandol etc)bandaids etc
  • toiletries etc
  • camera (Dont forget the charger!) OH!! should I take the SLR plus the digital incase the digital stuffs it? or I run out of memory as I am a mad photographer

hmm...my brain isnt coming up with anything else right now but please if you have the time could you answer this post!

P.SSSS....MAXX this may also help you with your questions

On the advice of others, I have added the these things as well:

-a cheap waterproof camera for underwate shots, I picked one up preloaded with film for $4.95 and have been told they are over $20 on board the ship

-a few clothes pegs

-some spare coathangers as there are only a few in your cabin

-sunscreen and after sun moisturiser

Have a good trip. I am leaving on October 19th on N531 and am sooooo excited - this is my first cruise.:D

Someone mentioned Febreeze for your clothing.

Also we are going to take a swimming chamois, small and compact but good for shore visits.

Panadol, bandaids, sunscreen, insect spray, etc.

Lots of plastic bags for dirty clothes.

I bought a Kodak digital camera last year. It's goof proof. This was the best investment ever, they are even cheaper now (duty free?). It was not too expensive but you can go through all your photos and delete the ones you don't want. I also bought a set of rechargeable batteries and charger from a car battery shop...cheaper and included a car charger for the batteries.

Yes, purchase your lanyards before you go. They cost a crazy $6.95 each on our recent Pacific Sky cruise. I believe they used to be a lot less expensive.

Also consider a small air freshner or a spray bottle of "nilodor" for use in the ensuite.

We also pack any shoes in plastic bags so the soles and heels don't soil the freshly washed and iron and clothing.

dont forget a few small coins too. Most of the photo opportunties on the island ask for a donation.

The "canibal cooking pot" on mystery island require a $2 cost PER PERSOn to stand beside the pot and $5 PP to stand IN the pot. That is $10 if you have 2 kids for you to take your own photo with your own camera.

Most of the kids have donation pots next to them but they are so appealing you cant help but put money in their pots. They must be the weathiest islanders around!!!

Also the hairdryer on board is next to useless although it does make a lot of noise.You are not supposed to take your own electronic stuff on board, But up to you........

water bottlle is good too for the island if your toddler drinks a lot of water. P and o take huge barrells of free drinking water ashore. There is no food available except for chips on mystery(lobster was there but dicey to eat i say) and Wala. Check with p and o as no food can be taken on the islands although i did one silly older couple peeling fruit and leaving the skins on the floor. You may need something for your toddler. Everyone else just left early to eat on the ship while the late to bed late to rise crew were there later!!!!

karon

The best thing I took were a pr of plastic/Neprophine (wetsuit) sandals. I bought them at Athletes foot Shoe store. I could of sold lots as everyone thought they were good. The sand is hot to walk on and near the water you can get sharp coral.I just walked straight in and swam in them too.Great.Also this time I am going to take a Porcelain Mug as they have a plastic type in the buffet area.I saw a few people with their own mug.Also will get a water bottle with a thermal type cover on it to keep the ice from melting.Maybe one of those nite lights you plug in for the ensuite,if you get up in the nite when you open the door the bright light can wake others..thats about all I can think off. I took my own beach towel last time but it took so long to dry won't bother this trip will look like everyone else on beach with the aqua stripes.Quite a funny site LOL :) Have a Great trip,we look forward to your review on return

I have been out and about this week trying to get everything we need for our cruise in 23 days time. It is costing me more money than on the ship..lol.. I want to be very organised ahead of time.

My kids have assignments and testing they are having to have done early. Our daughter in Yr 10 finishes school on Nov 25th so she will only return to school for 3 days. Our middle daugter finishes on the 2nd of Dec but you know what....she has her Yr 6 camp on the 24th of Nov so she will come home the 21st and have to repack for a 2 day camp. What a lucky girl. She has the best life I reckon. She had 5 days at our church christian campin the holidays on the Sunshine coast and last weekend she went to Toowoomba on a Girls Brigade camp. I want her life...lol...

Thanks so much to everyone who has contributed to the wonderful ideas and posts. I def agree we will need our passports etc. Does anyone have anything special they carry all the travel papers in ?

I have the febreeze,torch,power board,air freshener already as well. I will not be taking towels as with 5 of us It will take to much luggage. I need to remember to get an underwater camera or 2 as well. The chemist had them for $15 but thought I read somewhere they were cheaper in Big W. I feel I have been in the stores all week..lol

Am tired now..but very excited and nervous all rolled into one!

On the advice of others, I have added the these things as well:

-a cheap waterproof camera for underwate shots, I picked one up preloaded with film for $4.95 and have been told they are over $20 on board the ship

.:D

A friend of mine bought one these cameras for the Great Barrier Reef,

duly went snorkeling with great excitement,and took heaps of great photos of the fish and coral......

then handed the camera in to be developed...........

In his excitement to get the shots,and being underwater,

he had the camera back to front and all he ended up with

were great shots of himself!!!!!!!!LOL.

[quote name=aussiedisneyfan

That's so funny' date=' sounds like something I would do.[/quote]

He did not think so,after he called everyone into the lounge to see the pics,

However,

just a warning,to all .........

We all get excited on a tour,or dive,

but just check the direction of your

throwaway or underwater camera.

David.

That's so funny, sounds like something I would do.

He did not think so,after he called everyone into the lounge to see the pics,

However,

just a warning,to all .........

We all get excited on a tour,or dive,

but just check the direction of your

throwaway or underwater camera.

David.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I was wandering if you kind people could tell me anything I may have forgotten to think of to bring with us on our cruise....please

• Zip lock bags
  • batteries
  • sea sickness tablets for kids/adults
  • torch
  • alarm clock
  • safety pins
  • medicines (pandol etc)bandaids etc
  • toiletries etc
  • camera (Dont forget the charger!) OH!! should I take the SLR plus the digital incase the digital stuffs it? or I run out of memory as I am a mad photographer

hmm...my brain isnt coming up with anything else right now but please if you have the time could you answer this post!

P.SSSS....MAXX this may also help you with your questions

Thorght I'd bump this up again. May come in handy for all the newies.:D

Kerri

Archived