Best Internet Package

Bubski

What is the reception like and what would be the best package on the Dawn.

The reception is slow but adequate for email.

Best package depends on how often you are going to use it.

For me, on a 7 day cruise I choose unlimited simply because it doesn't cost a lot more than the 250 minute package.

On longer cruises I purchase the 250 minute package. I only use internet to check email so ordinarily I'd only use about 10 minutes a day.

Thanks - was hoping I could play on my gaming site I love to play my games on vacation no matter where I am. I awake early and it keeps me occupied before anyone else gets up. I was thinking of the unlimited - do you know if the internet cafe has better reception? Not that I really want to sit there the balcony is totally preferred - is the reception better in port?

Thanks - was hoping I could play on my gaming site I love to play my games on vacation no matter where I am. I awake early and it keeps me occupied before anyone else gets up. I was thinking of the unlimited - do you know if the internet cafe has better reception? Not that I really want to sit there the balcony is totally preferred - is the reception better in port?

Satellite internet has inherent latency and is "slow". Take that into consideration when thinking about gaming. The Dawn will be doing a major dry dock in May. Recent dry docks on other ships have included installation of more and better wifi routers. Your reception in your room is totally dependent upon where you are in relation to one of the new routers (remember, you are in a big steel box).

We normally buy an unlimited package and share it between multiple phones and ipads.

Thanks Bird had not even considered our phones - we were going to put them in airplane mode. Not very versed on charges etc on the phones does tapping into the wifi stop that?

Good point - best package has nothing to do with quality.

Everyone's usage is different. So if you could add anything to what you might have used the internet for and could you manage to do what you wanted. Any comments around wifi for cell phones if you have experience with that would be appreciated and what costs might be involved with that?