Young Children & Anthem's Connected Interior Staterooms

PGPrendy

Happy Sunday everyone! Already booked on Anthem to sail in 2017, and we are presently booked for two obstructed view balcony staterooms on Deck 6. However, as we have quite a bit of waiting before setting sail, and I've been researching more and more, we are now considering two connected interior staterooms on Deck 11 as we will be sailing out in pretty cold weather, and we plan to use Adventure Ocean each day for our 6-year-old and 1-year-old. I generally like having a balcony stateroom, but I'm thinking that we will be up and about on this great ship, that it may be worth saving a bit and going for the inside room, especially since they've designed these connecting ones for families. Have any of you with little ones experienced the connected interior staterooms, and if so, how comfortable was it? Thanks in advance!

Unless you really need a balcony, then the connecting insides will be your best bet. The kids won't give a FIG about a "view"...with the 2 cabins, you'll have space and privacy...it's a "win-win"! There's not that much difference in size....

We did connecting OVs on Naviator last year. We saved about $600 off of connecting balconies and still had plenty of space. We did miss the ability to get outside a bit, but with the two rooms at least DH and I could relax/talk/watch TV after the kiddos were asleep. We just made sure to enjoy plenty of outside time when we weren't in the room.

We originally booked an inside because this was kind of a last minute not in the budget type if trip for us. After our final pay date royal had a "resident" sale and I was able to upgrade to a balcony guarantee for a total of $285 for the four of us. We ended up with an unobstructed balcony that we paid very little for. I realize that we got lucky and I certainly wouldn't count on things happening like that all the time but this time - it definitely worked for us. Also - I would have been fine had we kept our original interior and that is key. Just a thought since you have so long to go, maybe book the interiors but watch the sales [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Unless you really need a balcony, then the connecting insides will be your best bet. The kids won't give a FIG about a "view"...with the 2 cabins, you'll have space and privacy...it's a "win-win"! There's not that much difference in size....

Thanks for the feedback. That's what I'm thinking...

We did connecting OVs on Naviator last year. We saved about $600 off of connecting balconies and still had plenty of space. We did miss the ability to get outside a bit, but with the two rooms at least DH and I could relax/talk/watch TV after the kiddos were asleep. We just made sure to enjoy plenty of outside time when we weren't in the room.

Nice! Thanks for the feedback.

We originally booked an inside because this was kind of a last minute not in the budget type if trip for us. After our final pay date royal had a "resident" sale and I was able to upgrade to a balcony guarantee for a total of $285 for the four of us. We ended up with an unobstructed balcony that we paid very little for. I realize that we got lucky and I certainly wouldn't count on things happening like that all the time but this time - it definitely worked for us. Also - I would have been fine had we kept our original interior and that is key. Just a thought since you have so long to go, maybe book the interiors but watch the sales [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Nice! That's a great deal! Thanks for sharing!