New to Thomsons - a few questions.....

Hi, just a few minor queries as have virtually always cruised with Cunard or P&O but are trying Thomsons now they are taking over a slightly more modern ship.

What price is wi-fi on board as I need it for business, although following the crew on shore usually suffices?

Can you order Continental breakfast to be delivered to your cabin FOC daily (apart from a tip)?

Will your cabin steward bring ice & lemon daily to your cabin on request.

Do all the cabins gave a safe?

I'm sure I'll think of lots of other things as we get closer.

I cant remember the exact price for wifi but it is notoriously slow and unreliable,usually much better to use it ashore depending on the ports that you visit.Any room service is chargeable I bellieve and all cabins have safes but cost extra ( about £12 per week I believe)

Thanks Pensioncruiser, shame about not being able to have Continental breakfast on the balcony, it's one if our favourite cruising moments, ah well. Presume we can go in the MDR as we dislike Buffets or tray rage areas as we call it.

Strange to have to pay for an in cabin safe but I guess it's just one of the ways cruise companies try to get your cash.

We've booked an aft Deluxe balcony cabin on deck 7.

Really looking forward to having a change; we have heard good reports about Thomson cruises, excellent entertainment and pretty good food and we do like the number of islands visited in 14 days which is more than P&O.

Not much difference to overall cost between the two when everything is taken into account.

• 2 weeks later...

We are going on Majesty June 28th....we are usually P&O cruisers!! This will be our third Thomson cruise, there is a Gold Radio 60's, 70's & 80's music cruise we enjoy....Devon Doll, we are also from Torbay

Hi, just a few minor queries as have virtually always cruised with Cunard or P&O but are trying Thomsons now they are taking over a slightly more modern ship.

What price is wi-fi on board as I need it for business, although following the crew on shore usually suffices?

Can you order Continental breakfast to be delivered to your cabin FOC daily (apart from a tip)?

Will your cabin steward bring ice & lemon daily to your cabin on request.

Do all the cabins gave a safe?

I'm sure I'll think of lots of other things as we get closer.

Wifi can be bought in various packages but at least in the recent past the connection has been slow and most make do with getting wifi on shore.

You can get ice on request but lemon is not standard and may have to be got from the bar by yourselves if available or occasionally on the Buffet by the self service tea.

Continental breakfast - you could fetch your own to the cabin but would be expected to return the tray and plates yourself to the buffet. There is a chargeable in cabin service with a menu in the cabin for room service.

Cabins are charged - £15 for a week and £25 for 2 weeks.

You will find the food is very down market compared to P&O , and the ships are way past their sell by date! The entertainment is vey good as is the service, but I'm sure you will be running back to Cunard and P&O quickly !

That is debatable after the latest reduction in the quality of P&O food :rolleyes:

That is debatable after the latest reduction in the quality of P&O food :rolleyes:

Agree, we've just come off Azura and after many years cruising have to say the downward trend is very noticeable.

Despite some negative comments, we shall look forward to trying Discovery.

used the wifi on the dream 3 weeks ago and it ws really good, it is £49 for 7 days but we had some obc, you get 1200mb for the week and we eemed to be able to get online anywhere on the ship even on the 2 sea days