Alaska Cruise Companion????

HockeyMom44

Does anyone know the name and author of the Alaska Cruise Companion book that Princess sells/uses on their Alaska cruise?

I would like to try to purchase it now.

I figure it will be good reading on our cross country flight.

Thanks

It is on the gift list:

http://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-gifts-celebrations/gifts-and-services/gifts/

I would call Princess. Years ago, they would mail it out to people before the cruise if you bought it. I don't know if they are still doing that.

It appears they are still with Rachel Cartwright's book. They switched years ago from Upton. Upton was on one of my Princess cruises and autographed the book.

Edited by Coral

There are two different books. The one sold by Princess is The Alaska Cruise Companion by Rachel Cartwright. I bought it slightly used on-line in preparation for my upcoming Alaska cruise and I love it! Since I will be cruising on Princess, it is particularly useful since it makes specific reference to Princess routes and itineraries. I especially like that it helps you track day-by-day on various itineraries, northbound or southbound, beginning and ending from various points.

I have also read Joe Upton's book. The version I got out of the library is "The Alaska Cruise Handbook: A Mile-by-Mile Guide", but it has gone by other titles. It is also very useful (although I'm glad I picked Rachel Cartwright's book to actually buy and bring with me). I think that the combination of the 2 books is going to be great.