Shower in ocean view rooms Queen Victoria

Summergee

Hello

As one who has sailed on both QE and QV I can tell you that shower stalls on both ships are very small and what makes it worse is that the shower heads are fixed in place and not adjustable. As someone who is rather tall, I found I had to lean over to have water wet my head and face. Rather uncomfortable. In addition, there is only one small little indented shelf for soap so everything else you may want to bring in with you has to be place on the stall floor. On the QM, the stalls are larger, have more space for your things and have adjustable shower heads. Much nicer.

Now with the coming refit on the QV and the foolish removal of the much used Chart Room in favor of a new Britannia Club dining room I will not be back on board post refit.

Thank you.

Deck Chair

Edited by deck chair

My elderly parents (who've both really enjoyed a cruise ('08), and a crossing ('11), on QM2) have just booked a cruise on QE for later this year.

They asked me about the differences between the balcony cabins on QM2 (which they loved) and the versions on QE (and QV of course).

I said one difference they would immediately notice was how small the showers are.

As deck chair has said above, instead of a sensible size (with moveable shower head, and rack), and the ability to step back out of the spray as on QM2, they'll have to contend with a tiny shower area, with the curtain draped over parts of them as they bend, and nowhere to put anything. Neither of them are steady on their feet, and both find difficulty bending, so appreciated the design of the QM2 showers.

As was said a long time ago "easier to soap the walls and spin around" ;) .

Best wishes to all :)

Edited by pepperrn