Norwegian Getaway cruise June 2016 out of Miami

Dmatrix

Folks,

Thanks in advance. Family of four will be flying into Miami in June 2016 two days before Norwegian Getaway leaves on Sunday from POM. Looking for ideas on where/what hotel to stay at since arriving late Friday night but have all day Saturday for activities and then Sunday morning before making our way to cruise ship around noon? Would be nice to get a hotel with airport transfer but not sure since won't be arriving until after 11 or so.

Thanks again, Dmatrix

Edited by Dmatrix

I would stay either in downtown Miami or at Miami Beach.

Keith

Thanks Keith. Any hotel(s) you would specifically recommend as we will have all day Saturday to go to beach, sightsee, etc.?

Dmatrix

consider

Brickell part of downtown where there is a Hampton walking distance to good food

when I stay in Miami I prefer the Grove ... tourists party on South Beach and locals go to the Grove

since you are 4, I guess two are kids .... age??? Then I can make suggestions.

Guessing younger Saturday recommendations are

Zoo Miami (reachable by public transportation) http://www.zoomiami.org/

Venetian Pool http://coralgables.com/index.aspx?page=167

The pool was created in 1923 from a coral rock quarry, where much of the original coral rock was used to border and further accentuate the pool. It also features two large historic lookout towers, with a view to the City Beautiful.

The 820,000 gallon pool is fed with spring water from an underground aquifer. In the spring and summer seasons, the pool is filled and drained daily!

In the heat of June in Miami, the cool water here is WONDERFUL

Edited by Capt_BJ

Thanks Keith and Capt_BJ for your recommendations.

My children are 17 and 21 so not so young and will likely want to go to South Beach to see what it's all about.

The Hampton Inn has been recommended several times in other posts so this may make sense as long as we can get to other places of interest during our full Saturday stay before cruising out on Sunday?