Excursions at port

mykindaparty

Hi Tia

When we were there last time there were alot of vehicles sitting alongside the roadway. We were looking for our driver but I would think there would be people that will tour you around hanging around the port.

Then, there is the new waterpark! You can walk there, I can't wait to go to it.

Janice

You won't find independent vendors pushing tours inside the port complex or along the pier. You will see ship excursions mustering there. There are trams lined up in the port parking lot for the trip to the Mahahual beach clubs. You might be able to rent a golf cart inside the port at the same kiosk you pay for the tram. Outside the port gate you'll see taxis and maybe some ship excursion vehicles lined up waiting to come in. Most cruisers aren't heading out of the cruise port to look for an excursion. They usually grab the first taxi they can and head to the beach. Not really too much else to see. Any recent increase in foot traffic heading out the port would be to the new waterpark which charges a rather hefty tariff, IMO. Maya ruin excursions are either via the ship or pre-booked with Native Choice or perhaps costamayaexcursions. Likewise any snorkeling excursions not booked via the ship are most likely pre-booked. That about covers the gambit of excursion opportunities.

No I haven't but look at any post from mitsuigirly. She should have a review link in her signature. It is further away from the malecon and cruise port and even Maya Chan. But not that far that a taxi can't get you to it. They do limit the number of guests and tend to have less problems with sea grass. It looks nice in the pictures and they have good reviews on TA. I do know that along the coast road down to Xcalak the water and the view are very beautiful. Just no where to really stop and take advantage of the nice beaches. So Almaplena could be a good choice.