2 days away from sailing. How giddy do you get and how do you act?

renata102

Just an FYI, I am a pharmacist and there is no literature that supports needing to use motion sickness medication 10 days before cruising. It will not do anything more for you except make you drowsy for 2 weeks. Yes it is true that you do need to use it before you get motion sickness because it will not work if you are already sick. But a day before at most is all that is necessary! Also, Bonine is in the same family of medication but causes much less drowsiness. Just my 2 cents medical information. Lol. Have a great cruise. I also leave in 10 days. Woohoo....

First, thank you to your family.

Second, that non drowsy Dramamine is awesome - and basically just ginger for the negative nellies out there.

Third and last, we leave April 2nd and I had to just start packing last night so hopefully I could calm down and FOCUS for the next 13 days. I work from home and all I want to do is research and read reviews! My family thinks I'm nuts!! We also booked last minute and I think it has made me more crazy than usual!

Have a fantastic trip!! [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I do have a hard time focusing. My other half usually helps me But with him being gone, I had to start a list for everyday for the last week. Getting little things done , so I am not running around like a chicken without its head.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!!

Just an FYI, I am a pharmacist and there is no literature that supports needing to use motion sickness medication 10 days before cruising. It will not do anything more for you except make you drowsy for 2 weeks. Yes it is true that you do need to use it before you get motion sickness because it will not work if you are already sick. But a day before at most is all that is necessary! Also, Bonine is in the same family of medication but causes much less drowsiness. Just my 2 cents medical information. Lol. Have a great cruise. I also leave in 10 days. Woohoo....

I didn't say 10 days before cruising.

The night BEFORE WE SET SAIL we take it.

And as we are sailing we take it EVERYNIGHT as preventative measure We take the non drowsey. We take it because once we start in sea sickens me its ruins the cruise.

Thank you all for sharing the happy dance stories or whatever else you do to prepare for a cruise

I read that some of you will be leaving soon. I bid you a Bon voyage!!

TODAY IS DAY

I will be bypassing rush hour traffic here in NJ and leave for my BIL who will then take us the port in NYC.

I WILL BE DANCING UP INTO THE GEM TODAY!!