2 days away from sailing. How giddy do you get and how do you act?

renata102

So we leave Tuesday from NYC - 10 days!

We just finished packing

Manicure/pedicures for the ladies

Dramamine will be adminsterd to all tomorrow night and for the next 11 nights.

I am doing the happy dance.

This was booked 2.5 weeks before cruise sail away. It was so last minute. So the build up was fast and furious.

It couldn't come at a better time

My husband has been activated again for active duty military

I work full time with abuse children , police and courts and will be a single mother with my 2 kids.

We need a vacation

How do you get 2 days before you set sail ?

We just finished packing

This was booked 2.5 weeks before cruise sail away. It was so last minute. So the build up was fast and furious.

I work full time with abuse children , police and courts and will be a single mother with my 2 kids.

We need a vacation

A few days before a cruise , everyone knows to leave me alone. That's pretty much all I talk about and it annoys the people who aren't going.

I am a planner. I spend months gather information on when and with whom we want sail and track prices as much as possible on the ships I am tracking. Once I pull the trigger and book I immediately start looking at information on the ports and embarkation port and make as many plans as I can. My family leaves all the planning to me and think I'm crazy for getting excited that far ahead. By the time 2 days before comes I know our plans and options inside and out and they are all just starting to get excited about it and start asking a million questions and can't understand why I am so calm....I have it all under control and its a good thing they have me or they would be running around like chickens with their head cut off :D:p;). We are 8 weeks out and I don't think any of my family could tell you right now the name of the ship or the ports we will be stopping at :rolleyes::cool:.

Enjoy your cruise.

So you're going after all. Looks like you have found a happy way to co-exist with the marauding gang of drunks on the ship!

;)

Looking forward to your forthcoming review!

I booked the cruise and always planned on going.

I am a planner. I spend months gather information on when and with whom we want sail and track prices as much as possible on the ships I am tracking. Once I pull the trigger and book I immediately start looking at information on the ports and embarkation port and make as many plans as I can. My family leaves all the planning to me and think I'm crazy for getting excited that far ahead. By the time 2 days before comes I know our plans and options inside and out and they are all just starting to get excited about it and start asking a million questions and can't understand why I am so calm....I have it all under control and its a good thing they have me or they would be running around like chickens with their head cut off :D:p;). We are 8 weeks out and I don't think any of my family could tell you right now the name of the ship or the ports we will be stopping at :rolleyes::cool:.

I also am a planner months ahead of the game. We all have been to Europe twice and south america twice (spent almost a month each time). I planned for months every single detail. But then the husband did all the logistics (we don't use guided tours of countries but we do it on our own). So because the husband an I would work on plans our kids had no choice but to hear it out. Lol

This time around he is not around and I booked this cruise 2 weeks ago and we board tomorrow.

I feel out of sorts because I haven't done months of planning and I have been super stressed with his military activation and just my own job in general. I told the kids last night ... We will go where the wind takes us (along with the small amount of research I have done already). The good news is I have been to all the islands already and have past research stuck in my head. So I am not totally freaking out. My kids have been to two of the islands (but they were smaller).

I love researching !

Dramamine? Enjoy your semi-intoxicated drugged up family as they sleep through most the cruise.

What else are you going to randomly administer before it's needed, just as a precaution?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Dramamine? Enjoy your semi-intoxicated drugged up family as they sleep through most the cruise.

What else are you going to randomly administer before it's needed, just as a precaution?

I have the non drowsey formula and administering per my kids pediatric doctors recommendation before they go to bed.

Thank you to your husband for his service, first of all! And I start singing "We're leaving, on a cruise ship", to the tune of "Leaving, on a jet plane!" And maybe a little dancing here and there! :D

I am so doing the happy dance.

I have the non drowsey formula and administering per my kids pediatric doctors recommendation before they go to bed.

That is exactly how it should be administered. The non drowsy formula is great for kids and adults. It must be taken before travel commences.

We recommend the same schedule in our practice.

Have a great trip and thank you to your husband for his service, and to you and your family for supporting him

That is exactly how it should be administered. The non drowsy formula is great for kids and adults. It must be taken before travel commences.

We recommend the same schedule in our practice.

Have a great trip and thank you to your husband for his service, and to you and your family for supporting him

Thanks everyone! When he serves we all serve. I still have to work and life goes on. We always say it's a privelages to him to serve our great country!

And to all the couch bullies that hide behind a keyboard. Get a life!!

We just finished packing

We need a vacation

Have you tried the PSi-Bands instead of Dramamine? They work wonders and come in nice colors and you can enjoy your cruise without being medicated

Thanks everyone! When he serves we all serve. I still have to work and life goes on. We always say it's a privelages to him to serve our great country!

And to all the couch bullies that hide behind a keyboard. Get a life!!

My sister is military wife and I know it isn't easy. Thank you to your husband and to you for keeping the faith. Nice going on the words to the bullies, who are pretty frikkin ridiculous on these boards. Have an awesome and safe trip. BTW we are 37 days out from our cruise and I think everyone is already tired of hearing about it. Ooops - but I can hardly contain myself, we're going on a cruise!!! :D:D:D lol

Have you tried the PSi-Bands instead of Dramamine? They work wonders and come in nice colors and you can enjoy your cruise without being medicated

I tried them on all of us. Kid hated it and according to them it didn't work. It offered me some relief. But no where near the non drowsey Dramamine. I still have an extra one that I am packifn just in case

My sister is military wife and I know it isn't easy. Thank you to your husband and to you for keeping the faith. Nice going on the words to the bullies, who are pretty frikkin ridiculous on these boards. Have an awesome and safe trip. BTW we are 37 days out from our cruise and I think everyone is already tired of hearing about it. Ooops - but I can hardly contain myself, we're going on a cruise!!! :D:D:D lol

It's a difficult life for me and prob for your sister! We love our country but we do need a break once in a while!

Hey. You enjoy your cruise. Pretty soon you will be sailing away too!

#fail

I am 31 days out and i drive my family and coworkers crazy with my research and excitement! they tell me decaf i tell them to book a cruise!! no coffee needed!

My best friend is getting married on the cruise ship so that's excited all by itself...top that off with 9 nights on the Gem and I am over the top koo-koo for ko-ko-puffs!!!

Thank you to your family for your service :) God Bless.

I love your posts and I hope the bullies on here settle down. Everyone is a 'critic' although I am not sure they are a 'cruise critic'...hahaha settle down. I especially love the ones that give you medical advice....said no one ever!

We just finished packing

We need a vacation

First, thank you to your family.

Second, that non drowsy Dramamine is awesome - and basically just ginger for the negative nellies out there.

Third and last, we leave April 2nd and I had to just start packing last night so hopefully I could calm down and FOCUS for the next 13 days. I work from home and all I want to do is research and read reviews! My family thinks I'm nuts!! We also booked last minute and I think it has made me more crazy than usual!

Have a fantastic trip!! [emoji4]