Society and Cook Island Recommendations

Hello everyone, I am writing because we have recently made a deposit on a 2017 Society and Cook Island Cruise. We are very excited for this and I wanted to hear from the experts here about recommendations for each port. A little background about us that may be helpful with recommendations:

I will be going with my parents and will be 25 at the time. I am up for a few thrills as in I will probably do a waverunner excursion and/or helicopter tour among other things. I think my parents will probably want tamer activities.

The rest of the activities, we are looking for a balance of water activities and land activities. None of us scuba dive but snorkeling I would definitely like to try once.

Things of interest to me right now:

Huahine:

Perhaps a car rental day? What sights do you suggest?

Another option is that this could be my waverunner day?

Aitutaki:

Lagoon Cruise & One Foot Island... I think we are pretty set in that we will do this.

Rarotonga:

I hear Avarua is a pretty happening town (there is a festival/flea market here right). What other details do you have? Do you recommend a car rental here?

Bora Bora:

I definitely want to do the Inter Continental Resort Day Trip here!

Bora Bora Motu seems to be an obvious choice as well.

The Helicopter Tour is very tempting as well.

Any other comments?

Taha'a:

PG Private Island day... nothing more needs to be said here other than how awesome their motu is

Moorea:

I hear it is pretty easy to rent a car here and Cooks Bay is pretty impressive. I expect that a car rental would happen here so what is worth seeing.

Also interesting, the waverunner since it is the cheapest here, resort day trip, motu picnic excursion, and/or golf.

I've also heard that there is a popular show that they do at night on Moorea.

It seems like there is a lot to choose from here so I am interested in hearing your comments especially for this one?

Please feel free to comment on any part... especially for souvenir opportunities or if you think I left out an option that might be really interesting. Thank you for your help.

Are you on the Reunion cruise?

If so then please join the roll call.

Marc at Huahine Nautique has both 4x4s and wave runners.

Moorea car rentals can be made in advance thru Sandribe at avispacificar. She will be on the dock to give you your car. You can either do the circle island or just drive to the agricultural station, the belvedere and then over to the lookout over the Sofitel. You can also drive to Temae Beach if you want to. She will give you a little map when she gives you her car.

My DD was about 25 when she did the helicopter over BB and she loved it. The views are fabulous. Otherwise the circle island lagoon cruise with snorkelling as arranged by the ship is great.