Arcade

Dawnwe

Are you able to put a daily limit on kids cards?

No. Only way of putting limits is to set up individual cash accounts for each kid and depositing desired amount of cash there. (If not prepaid, their DSC will be deducted from there too, so prepaying DSC is highly recommended.)

Are you able to put a daily limit on kids cards?

At check in, we were asked to see if we would allow our kids to charge things. We said no, so when we went to the arcade, DH and I had to swipe, as their cards didn't work. Now, my kids are younger, but even with a teen, I'm not sure how it would work with teens, but not sure what they would need to purchase either.

I bought $25 on board credit (OBC) for my 10 year old son. And $ 50 OBC for my 14 year old daughter. I am not linking them to my CC. and they already know the non negotiable switch using OBC. no arcade and no candy or snack.

• 2 weeks later...

We put blocks on our kids' cards (9 and 7) so when they wanted to play games we had to be with them to swipe. We gave the kids games for good behaviour, and in this way we monitored and limited it.

There were plenty of unsupervised kids of all ages playing and swiping, so either their parents have unlimited funds, are too drunk to care, or will be in for a nasty surprise at the end of the week when they see their kids charged $100 a day or more at the arcade. With the number of tickets some kids were redeeming (I saw one little girl with 5000 tickets!) they must be playing a lot!!!

I know I could tell my kids that they have a spending limit, and anything over it will come out of their allowance/savings, but didn't want to deal with it.

Can you link a Visa gift card to a kids card? Thinking this could be easier than constantly adding cash and not worrying about reimbursement for unused OBC. Just another idea.
You could probably purchase a NCL gift card.

https://www.ncl.com/giftcard?cid=PS_TSI_USA_BRA_GOO_LEN_SRH_GIFTCARD_ncl+gift+card_XXXXXXXX_&gclid=CMjS-av_8ssCFUdlfgodFvAD_A