Spa treatments

In the Cruise Compass each day they will have "sampler" specials--20 minute mini-facial, 20 minute back massage, and 20 minute foot massage or similar. These are a nice treat as they are usually combinations you cannot get at a land spa.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In the Cruise Compass each day they will have "sampler" specials--20 minute mini-facial, 20 minute back massage, and 20 minute foot massage or similar. These are a nice treat as they are usually combinations you cannot get at a land spa.

I've seen those before. I'm thinking I want to go all out though and get a full treatment.

I've seen those before. I'm thinking I want to go all out though and get a full treatment.

Oh, I've done that at well of course! The oxygen facial and Thai massage are nice. There is a bit more of a selling aspect for products at the end of the treatments, but usually saying "No, thank you" is sufficient.

Spend your money more wisely and get all that done before you board. On board is waaaay overpriced and sometimes they ignore your request for no sales pitch. Also invariably you make an appointment for one service but when you get there and fill out the paperwork they tell you you really need a different (more expensive) service. Unless you have a stupid amount of OBC to burn it's not worth it.

We had a couples 50 min Swedish Massage a few years ago on Adventure, we pre-booked before we boarded. It was very nice but very pricey, I also wasn't keen on the sales pitch at the end to buy the products but it was expected! If funds allow I would probably book another on our up coming cruise on Indy.

Tell them before you start the service that you don't want the sales pitch if they still do it remind them again.

Go on embarkation day to the open spa here you can see (sometimes feel) and get explained the different services so you can think about what you want/like.

Maybe it's worth it to check about your ports of call.

If you do a beach day somewhere then it could be worth it (and much much cheaper) to have a massage on the beach...

Tell them before you start the service that you don't want the sales pitch if they still do it remind them again.

Go on embarkation day to the open spa here you can see (sometimes feel) and get explained the different services so you can think about what you want/like.

Maybe it's worth it to check about your ports of call.

If you do a beach day somewhere then it could be worth it (and much much cheaper) to have a massage on the beach...

doesn't work. and then she had the nerve to complain when I REMOVED the auto gratuity at the desk after leaving the room. even the desk staff tried to get me to leave it on. it was at that point I swore off the on board spa forever. I spend half the price and get 90 minutes at home with zero sales pitch and a masseuse who has worked with me before and understands my body.