Standing Room Only-Liberty of the Seas

JLN321

I viewed some of the current compasses for Liberty of the Seas. I see that some of the later shows are standing room only. Really? You can't sit for some of the broadway shows? That's just crazy to me! I thought there were two levels of sitting. Anyone know more information on this. My past cruises were on their smaller ships so this ship is my biggest one yet.

We were on Liberty twice last year and always had a seat for shows in the Main Theater, including Saturday Night Fever. I supposed if you get to the theater late, you might have to stand.

Just got home (my body feels like I am still on). We didn't make every show, but saw no mention and heard nobody complain about having to stand for any show.

Good to hear. Any updates on Tidal Wave?

"Standing room only" actually means that all chairs in a venue are occupied, so latecomers who wish to see the show would have to stand. I did find this to be true, even for earlier shows! But we got there about 10 minutes before the major shows and were able to find seats, though not super desirable ones.

Good to hear. Any updates on Tidal Wave?

Asked on Tuesday and they hoped to have it open by the end of the week. As far as I know, it wasn't. My son said he saw them testing it (I think on Friday). Saturday ended up being kind of crappy weather, so we didn't spend much time up top. I never heard anybody say it was running.

Asked on Tuesday and they hoped to have it open by the end of the week. As far as I know, it wasn't. My son said he saw them testing it (I think on Friday). Saturday ended up being kind of crappy weather, so we didn't spend much time up top. I never heard anybody say it was running.

Thx.

We always go to the first show in the theater and generally get there about 30 minutes early, get our seat and a drink, and then read until show starts. It's worked well so far. I believe the larger crowd is at the late show.

Edited by SPacificbound