Anyone with LA QUINTA INN/SUITES info?

CaribbeanCruisers

We've booked the

LA QUINTA INN/SUITES AIRPORT HOTEL

2620 NORTH 26TH AVENUE , HOLLYWOOD , FL , US 33020

for our pre and post cruise in November. Any details about this hotel would be appreciated. I haven't seen anyone even mention this hotel and it's got me concerned. :confused: We leave November 5th.

Thanks in advance!

Courtney

Some friends swear by this hotel and stay pre-cruise there all the time. The location is conveniant, easy shuttle service from the airport.It's next a large shopping center where you can pick up some last minute items for your trip. Plenty of dining establishments within walking distance. Don't be concerned, you'll be fine for the night. ;)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=226938&highlight=quinta

We've stayed at this hotel and it's very nice. The rooms are very nice and the staff was very helpful. There was a complimentary breakfast that was more than adequate also. We would definitely stay here again. Enjoy your stay - and especially your cruise!! :)

Stephany - The rates for almost any hotel here are going to be MUCH higher in January than November... Christmas through Easter is the most expensive time of year in FL... This year they're higher than they have been in past years due to increased tourism, and the extremely popular King Tut exhibit being in Fort Lauderdale from December 15 - April 23.

Thank you for this thread. I just posted this question on another thread because we are booked there one night pre cruise in March, I haven't seen anything about it posted anywhere either, and I was also getting concerned. Now I feel better. Thanks

Cori

Stephany-

We paid $94.50 per room for three rooms. They sleep 4 ppl.

I just called the hotel direct and got it for that price. We're saving lots of $$$ by staying there since our airline tickets were dramatically reduced by flying in a day early and staying a day after the cruise. The rest of our family is coming from Philadelphia and meeting us there. They're saving even more, like $150.00 per person. 7 of us are traveling so the savings really added up!

Also, with a free breakfast and free shuttle service we didn't think it was too bad. Besides, we're gonna be spoiled for an entire week on the ship! :D

Take Care,

Courtney

We stayed here in April. Luckily got it through Priceline for $42 (?) per night!!! The facility was clean, the staff was friendly and helpful. Lots of restaurants within walking distance. Free parking, breakfast buffet and shuttles... what more could you ask for? Posted my positive experience on Tripadvisor.com

We really enjoyed our precruise stay there, and would do it again in a flash. Would even reserve at hotel prices now that we know and trust the facility.

Hope that puts your mind at ease. Enjoy!

A~:)

Hi, we will be staying there in March during the spring break time for pre cruise, and I got it on Hotwire for 67 + taxes came to $82. Seems like a good deal. I had done my research on biddingfun. com and was pretty sure that was the hotel we were getting. I have used hotwire on previous trips and have always been happy with the results.

Cori

Thank you for all your comments. We're feeling much better with our decision. We use alot of online sites as well for our vacations to get the best deal. However, we wanted three rooms right together so we just went ahead and booked direct. Still, it's a HUGE savings for all of us. :D

*Most* of our family are huge seafood eaters, like crab legs and lobster. Do any of you know if there's a restaurant within walking distance for either?

We sail November 6th on the Star Princess. Can't hardly wait!!!!

Caribbeancruisers - can i ask how much you got the LaQuinta for? I'm looking for Jan 21 and it seems the rates are sky rocketing for that time period.

Thx

You might want to try Amerisuites through Valuetrips.com

That date you'll get a room for 99.00 per night. We just booked it for Jan 14th and also had problems finding something nice at a decent price.

Good luck!

*Most* of our family are huge seafood eaters, like crab legs and lobster. Do any of you know if there's a restaurant within walking distance for either?

I can't think of any seafood restaurants within walking distance. There's a Dave & Busters, Wendy's, a little 50's retro diner, a salad bar restaurant, a McDonald's, Burger King, and perhaps a few others, but I don't recall any seafood.

The closest seafood I can think of is Islamorada Fish Co... http://www.ifcstonecrab.com/ritem.cfm?cat=63

Between 5-10 minutes by cab, but too far to walk.

(this is another reason why I recommend SE 17th Street so much - everything you could possibly want is easily accessible from that area ;) )

We always stay pre-cruise at the Hollywood LQ; in fact, booked there six months in advance for our upcoming b2b Christmas/New Year's sailing on the Volendam for $84 +tax, which we felt was a good rate considering the time frame. The rooms are spacious and very clean; nice comp. breakfast; and the staff friendly & helpful. There is a Red Lobster restaurant within walking distance (located in Oakwood Plaza which is next to LQ). Haven't tried it as we usually go to Dave & Buster's, but this time around we'll be trying a popular local place called the Rustic Inn which we've heard has excellent seafood (confirmed by Trent S). It's not within walking distance, but only 2 miles from the LQ, so a taxi R/T shouldn't be costly.

We ate at a restaurant on the other side of the lot (to the right when everything else was to the left). The staff at LQ had recommended it. We even got the dishes that were recommended. It was very good... but I'll be darned if I can remember the name! It wasn't in the main parking lot.

Anybody know the name? I'd recommend it if I could remember the name...

A~:o

I stayed at the LaQuinta last year and thought is was nice. The rooms are

large and clean. I'm going to book them for this years cruise but the prices

are much higher than last year for the same time. I think I'll try calling the

hotel direct and see what I can do.

The restaurant you are thinking of I believe is the Alehouse. We also ate there

and enjoyed it very much.

Joanne

For those looking at the hotel...I got it at QUIKBOOK.COM for Jan 13-15th for 119-a great price considering it seems everything that weekend is much more!

And, of COURSE, considering that you get your transportation.

: )

I'm thrilled to see all of these wonderful suggestions. It is so helpful and very much appreciated!

Red Lobster isn't too too bad, but, yeah - ummm - I think they'd enjoy something else. Those garlic cheese biscuits are pretty good though.;)

Dave and Busters doesn't sound like a half bad idea. We're looking closely at the fish restaurant TrentS suggested. They have a wide variety, judging by their website. I'm gonna take a look at the Inn and the Alehouse today.

It is so much easier to plan ahead when you're planning for 8 ppl. Thanks to the responses to this thread I am relieved at our hotel choice!

Thanks All!

Courtney

YES! Alehouse, that was it! I didn't realize that it was a chain... there are none in my neck of the woods. It would come as no surprise to you that I really enjoy TGIFridays as well ;)

Anyways, I'd recommend The Alehouse.

A~:)

Cori: How did you identify La Quinta on Hotwire?How many stars was it and what icons did it have?Hope to stay there in April and have been trying on Priceline but no luck.It is for April 7,a Friday night, that I need. What night of the week did you get it for?

Cori: How did you identify La Quinta on Hotwire?How many stars was it and what icons did it have?Hope to stay there in April and have been trying on Priceline but no luck.It is for April 7,a Friday night, that I need. What night of the week did you get it for?

Hi , we got it for March 10th a friday which is also during the spring break period. It was listed as a 2 star I think , (but AAA lists it as a 3 star.) And cross referenced with Expedia as well. I used the the biddingfun.com site to compare the information on the icons. It was a while ago, but if I remember correctly, it lists: pool, comp. bkfst, airport shuttle, internet access, and laundry. You can double check by going to biddingfun and see what they have listed. they don't always have the same things listed so you need to be careful and compare the icons. Hope this helps. If there is anything else , just ask :)

Cori

Archived