Just off the Regal 3/13 - 3/20

debbie35

Thanks for your report. Looking forward to cruising the Regal in 2017!!!

Can you tell me what the age demographic was like? Were there many children? How about college spring breakers, given that it's spring break? Would love to know how busy the ship was or if it felt crowded.

Thanks so much!

Jennifer

My wife and i were on the same cruise and we had a wonderful time. The age demographic was one of the youngest we have seen on Princess. We are mid 30's and no kids and like a fine balance in atmosphere. On previous trips on the Royal we have tended to stay around the MUTS pool, this time no chance - quite a few kids of all ages. Retreat adult pool for us, but towel and lounger hogging was rife (i dont view this as a problem, fair game to who ever gets there first). One sea day i was up at 8.15 am and failed to get 2 chairs, the 2nd day i went up at 7am and 2/3rds of the pool area was already taken and was one of the busiest times i ever saw the pool.

For note to those that like a good dress code argument, i was one of the smartest each night. Jacket and shirt on semi-formals, tux on formals but others certainly not doing much. Shorts were turned away from the traditional dining room - even those in traditional bermuda shorts garb that looked incredibly smart, but flip flops / baseball caps and jeans were all allowed.

Thanks for the review!

We were also onboard same cruise - had a wonderful time!

A question for you: we were on Caribe deck/balcony cabin. Four days out of seven, when they brought towels, we had no washcloths - lol. Our cabin steward (Flávio) said they were having a shortage; we would call and they brought them a few hours later. Wondering if it was just a problem for us, or all cabins?

Thanks again!

Thanks for the report. It was interesting as we are on Regal in July. On the soot problem, how much of a problem was it? We are aft on B deck. How did you deal with the soot?

I'm not that picky but even in my eyes it was a problem. I left a note each morning and asked our room steward to please clean the balcony floor. It never bothered me when I was sitting out there and I was out there a lot. We were on Rivera 729.

It was still a great cruise on a beautiful ship.

Thanks for the review!

We were also onboard same cruise - had a wonderful time!

A question for you: we were on Caribe deck/balcony cabin. Four days out of seven, when they brought towels, we had no washcloths - lol. Our cabin steward (Flávio) said they were having a shortage; we would call and they brought them a few hours later. Wondering if it was just a problem for us, or all cabins?

Thanks again!

Not a problem with us. My wife asked for additional towels when we first met our steward and he took care of us.

Thanks for your report. Looking forward to cruising the Regal in 2017!!!

Can you tell me what the age demographic was like? Were there many children? How about college spring breakers, given that it's spring break? Would love to know how busy the ship was or if it felt crowded.

Thanks so much!

Jennifer

Like others have said the demographic on this cruise was the youngest I've ever cruised with. My wife and I are in our 60's, and on past cruises we were near the average age. I've never seen so many kids, teens and less then 40 year olds on any cruise. And frankly it was wonderful. Well behaved, lots of energy, made the cruise enjoyable. At no time did the cruise feel crowded and yes, towel hogs were out in full force but like I said, plenty of chairs for everyone. I'm not crazy sitting near the pool or near MUTS anyway and once I found that quite area on deck 19 I was very happy.

Cannot wait to be on Regal. We booked when they had the bev pkg promo so got a great rate plus the pkg for both of us. Now the price is $300pp more than we paid and no pkg. We did good!!!:p:p

How did you learn about the beverage package promotion?

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts.

We keep reading wonderful thing about the Regal. Having trouble remembering we don't sail until September lol. Oh well I am sure it will be here fast.

Thanks again and Happy Cruising.

Thanks for the review, the Regal is awesome :) Was the buffet theme night not mentioned in the patter? Usually it's listed there if there were a specific theme in the Horizon. I agree about the Alfredo's comment however I would much prefer it at no cost!

Thanks for the review, the Regal is awesome :) Was the buffet theme night not mentioned in the patter? Usually it's listed there if there were a specific theme in the Horizon. I agree about the Alfredo's comment however I would much prefer it at no cost!

Unless I missed it, the Horizon theme nights were not mentioned in the Patter nor were they listed at the Horizon. And I agree with you....no cost is always better.

Thanks for the review! I'm onboard for the 4/17 transatlantic, can't wait! :) I haven't sailed on the Royal or Regal yet so I'm reading everything I can, taking some reviews with a MAJOR grain of salt! :D

Edited by susancruzs