Questions/concerns re: Escape

NHsunseeker

I know this is a long way before my Nov. 12 sailing...I am not liking what I've read regarding the over crowded pool areas and people saving lounges before dawn...is there any way or time we should be at pier to be among those first to board in order to purchase Vibe passes? Where are these passes sold? I'm also thinking the first night would be a good night to reserve a specialty restaurant since everyone will be looking for food after the sail away party...the ship sails at 7, about an hour later for a reservation? We are booked in a mid ship balcony on deck 15 back toward the elevators...are there noise issues from the garden cafe above? Also, can you carry on several bottles of water? Thanks!

It was definitely a bit of a zoo around the pool when we were on in mid-Jan. I've never tried to book Vibe, but I've heard they sell out within minutes, and if you aren't in the first boarding group, you are pretty much SOL. I believe passes are sold at guest services in the atrium.

Another option is spa passes. There were always lounges open on both the TA and my Jan cruise, and it's very tranquil - plus, I actually don't like to be in full sun, so it was nice to be able to see the sun, sky, and water, and not have to worry about sunblock lol.

You can bring on as much water as you can carry.

I've not heard anything about the midship balcs and noise from the buffet (but we did hear that the an afts that are below the non-carpeted portions is was horrible)

I know this is a long way before my Nov. 12 sailing...I am not liking what I've read regarding the over crowded pool areas and people saving lounges before dawn...is there any way or time we should be at pier to be among those first to board in order to purchase Vibe passes? Where are these passes sold? I'm also thinking the first night would be a good night to reserve a specialty restaurant since everyone will be looking for food after the sail away party...the ship sails at 7, about an hour later for a reservation? We are booked in a mid ship balcony on deck 15 back toward the elevators...are there noise issues from the garden cafe above? Also, can you carry on several bottles of water? Thanks!

I'm on this same sailing. I'm going to try for Vibe passes. I don't know how it will go but I'm flying out of Boston on the 12th on a 5am flight getting to Miami at 8:30 and going straight to the terminal to try and be in group 1.

This new sailaway time is a buzzkill for first night dinner. I definitely want to be on a deck drinking, and preferably at a party during sail away and I doubt I'll want to interrupt that to go make a reservation time at a restaurant. I'm thinking O'Sheehan's or buffet that night, pre-sail away.

It was definitely a bit of a zoo around the pool when we were on in mid-Jan. I've never tried to book Vibe, but I've heard they sell out within minutes, and if you aren't in the first boarding group, you are pretty much SOL. I believe passes are sold at guest services in the atrium.

Another option is spa passes. There were always lounges open on both the TA and my Jan cruise, and it's very tranquil - plus, I actually don't like to be in full sun, so it was nice to be able to see the sun, sky, and water, and not have to worry about sunblock lol.

You can bring on as much water as you can carry.

I've not heard anything about the midship balcs and noise from the buffet (but we did hear that the an afts that are below the non-carpeted portions is was horrible)

I think the spa looks amazing but some have told me it reeks of chlorine. ??? Did you find the pools in the spa to be packed?

I think the spa looks amazing but some have told me it reeks of chlorine. ??? Did you find the pools in the spa to be packed?

I didn't noticed any strong chlorine smell - but I was a lifeguard and on a swim team for years in my youth, so maybe I've become immune? lol

There is only one pool, and it's really more of a gigantic, over sized hot tub. It never seemed overly crowded. There is also a normal sized hot tub, that also never seemed too overrun. The link below will take you to my photos from the Spa.

https://goo.gl/photos/TpmtwxRPYoQS3vvN9

We are also coming from Boston but we usually fly down the night before. By what some people have posted it sounds like the boarding groups are assigned randomly. It sounds like I shouldn't get my hopes up for vibe passes and the loungers in the spa area appear to be all indoors.