Seaside Grand Suite??

SnorkelBoy

Since I booked a couple of months ago on the Seaside I noticed a new category called grand suite. I have one of the 14 aft larger suites ( at least they look that way graphically), are these considered to be the grand suites?

Thanks

Dave

I have one of the 14 aft larger suites ( at least they look that way graphically), are these considered to be the grand suites?

These aft suites are marked as "Suite - Aurea" in the deckplan. "Grand Suite - Aurea" are located in the front.

The Grand suites are indeed at the front of the ship with balconies, those on the aft as you can see from the deck plans are larger in size and include the curved wall next to the aft elevators as seen from the ship model and the computer graphics.

I would expect that these may well have a double room but time will tell, looking forward to ours.

Dave ... The Aurea suites on Deck 9 aft and forward will most likely be like the ones in the graphic shown in this link, with a larger version for the aft suites.

Click on the Grand Suite for the graphic and layout plan.

https://www.msccruises.co.uk/en-gb/Cruise-Ships/MSC-Seaside.aspx

Thanks for that info.

I have seen the graphics and layout, and the two suits I mentioned looks smaller than the others, and I was wondering if that is the case. I don't want to order a suite believing it is a two bedroom suite, and then later discovering there is only one bedroom in it.

The info differs from page to page. At iCruise they inform the suit size is from 376 - 674 sq ft.

As you will be aware the details are from MSC`s own website, initially it looked as though all suites would be two rooms but that new graphic came out around four weeks ago and is for the Grand suites only.

On the deck plans the GS Suites on 10,11,and 14 certainly appear larger than the one on 13, and 13 is larger than the one on 10!

you will also notice that the Aurea suites are all shown as being a single cabin despite the Aft Aurea cabins being larger, at some point MSC will no doubt release changed cabin sizes and amended graphics seeing as the ship is not due until the end of 2017.

Changes will be made and if you look at the early computer renderings and compare them to the latest model (see the renderings thread at the top of the page) you can see that changes have already been made just a short way into the build.

The funny thing is that according to MSC, the 14001 suite is bigger and sleeps 4, but the smaller 13001 and 10001 suites sleeps 5... I think it sounded a bit strange, so I'm exited to see how the interior of the suites will look like when it's done.

• 7 months later...

Hi, I'm wondering if there is any updated info on the size of the Grand Suite since the thread started 7 months ago, I read in one of your comments that layout might still change!! I have booked 12001 based on the deck layout, it looked to be one of the biggest. I'm hoping nothing has changed.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
The funny thing is that according to MSC, the 14001 suite is bigger and sleeps 4, but the smaller 13001 and 10001 suites sleeps 5... I think it sounded a bit strange, so I'm exited to see how the interior of the suites will look like when it's done.

I was told the same thing by MSC----