Norwegian Epic - freebies

ladyref

Hiya

I'm a new cruiser and have just booked 2 cabins for my family of 5.

I will have loads of questions over time, but firstly - the current free bonuses.

In the family mini suite I have my Mother in Law, my 19 year old and my 9 year old. NCL are giving 2 free bonuses on that cabin and at the moment they are the free alcohol drinks package and 250 mins wifi. My MIL doesn't drink or my 9 year old. So isn't this a waste for me? I was thinking the Internet would be good but 250 mins wouldn't last a day. Anyone know how much the unlimited wifi is and how many devices you can have?

Also, how much is the soft drink package? If we remove the alcohol package am I going to lose out by paying for soft drink package? The other offer is $100 credit but that won't cover much...

Thanks in advance!

I'm so excited :D:D

With the alcohol package you can get soft drinks and 'virgin' drinks anyway. Wifi is very poor from what I've heard. So no point changing it for the soda package.

Didn't you get to choose your perks? If you did, then alcohol package (to allow for Virginia drinks) and speciality dining would be my choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by NCLfamily

The alcohol package is the most valuable perk, but it is only given to passengers 21 and over. Even if your 19-year old is allowed to drink beer & wine on board (with your authorization) they will not let him have the UBP. He will automatically get the soda package instead, if you leave the perks as they are now.

Your 9-year old, as the 3rd passenger in the cabin gets no perks. If you want to get him the soda package, it costs $5.50/day + 18% for kids (full details here).

The 250 minutes of internet do not have to be used all at once, if you are careful to log out each time, you can stretch it over several days. You can use several devices, but only one at a time.

As NCLfamily suggested, you might consider asking for the specialty dining perk instead.

Your 9 yo can get a children's soda package for $5.50 per day (have to buy entire cruise)

Your teen can get a adult soda package for $7.50 per day (have to buy the entire cruise)

For the internet, you need to log on and log off each time you use it. You can use as many devices as you want, one at a time.

Edited by BirdTravels

Has anyone used the $50 excursion credit? Is this useful if I don't use the specialty dining?

Once you complete an excursion, you will be reimbursed $50 (or the value of the excursion, whichever is less). One credit per port. credits can not be combined. If you do not take an excursion at a port, you forfeit the credit