Norwegian Getaway Freestyle Dailies March 13-20, 2016

Mistizoom

We are looking forward to sailing on the Getaway on April 3rd. My only concern is that we are flying into Miami from NYC/JFK on the morning Of April 3rd. Our flight is scheduled to arrive at 11:25 am so I hope all goes well. Keeping my fingers crossed!!!! Has anyone else flown into Miami from NYC on the day of the cruise??? If yes, did you have any travel issues?

The DW enjoyed the spa info. We are sailing another ship in about 90 days and wanted to see what specials were. She enjoyed looking at the menu. Thank you.

The spa experience was well worth it, I just wish I had know ahead of time about the hard sell of the spa products at the end. If your wife doesn't want them, she needs to be prepared ahead of time to say no. The products are very nice, however, so I can't say I regret my purchases, just wish they weren't so expensive!

Edited by Mistizoom

We are looking forward to sailing on the Getaway on April 3rd. My only concern is that we are flying into Miami from NYC/JFK on the morning Of April 3rd. Our flight is scheduled to arrive at 11:25 am so I hope all goes well. Keeping my fingers crossed!!!! Has anyone else flown into Miami from NYC on the day of the cruise??? If yes, did you have any travel issues?

It would freak me out to arrive that late on the day of a cruise. I don't even like arriving late on the night before, but have done that twice. Anything can delay a flight; I personally would not risk it.

I know - I probably won't sleep for the next 10 days.....

You ever hear the saying 'fight your battles'. I lost this battle (so far)!!! Thank you for your quick response..

Oh, one other thing. I would advise against checking any bags if you are not arriving until 11:30 am on embarkation day. Our bags took over 45 minutes to arrive late on a Saturday night for our flight from DFW. I have heard others saying similar times (up to an hour) for bags to arrive at baggage claim in Miami.

Edited by Mistizoom

Oh, one other thing. I would advise against checking any bags if you are not arriving until 11:30 am on embarkation day. Our bags took over 45 minutes to arrive late on a Saturday night for our flight from DFW. I have heard others saying similar times (up to an hour) for bags to arrive at baggage claim in Miami.

Good news.....I took your suggestion and changed our flight to April 2nd - a day before our cruise and we arrive at 10:17AM. Now I can relax - a little!!

Sorry to bother but - Do you have a Hotel suggestions for pre-cruise and post-cruise Accommodations?

Good news.....I took your suggestion and changed our flight to April 2nd - a day before our cruise and we arrive at 10:17AM. Now I can relax - a little!!

Sorry to bother but - Do you have a Hotel suggestions for pre-cruise and post-cruise Accommodations?

Great news! All I can say is do not stay at the Miami International Airport Hotel! There are a lot of good suggestions over on the Florida boards, depends what you are looking for (near airport, downtown or Miami Beach): http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

Edited by Mistizoom

Great news! All I can say is do not stay at the Miami International Airport Hotel! There are a lot of good suggestions over on the Florida boards, depends what you are looking for (near airport, downtown or Miami Beach): http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

I am so happy....and I feel ten years younger already. Thanks for heads-up regarding the Miami Int'l Airport Hotel. I am looking at the forums now.....the last step of this last minute trip. Thanks again. Enjoy your day.

A little bit about us

We were 5 ladies 3 traveling from uk and 2 traveling from Ireland

We stayed overnight in the Clayton airport Manchester as our flight was early the next day. This was a family get together, everyone were so excited to spend our holiday catching up.

We were flying to New York and staying overnight and then to Miami for our cruise.

Morning of flight we woke up to snow, we were not worried as this was normal for this time of year but we were not prepared for ice on the planes wings which delayed us 5 hours, 4 of which was sat waiting on the plane but never mind we got to newyork about 11pm. We were staying in the Doubletree Suites hotel Times Square, great hotel with great views of Times Square. The city that never sleeps is very true, we had a walk around, took some photos and found a lovely friendly bar for drinks. Jet lag was starting to catch up now so off to bed we went.

We woke early next morning and went to the top of the rock, what fantastic views, a wonderful place to see over the city. Unfortunately that's all the time for sight seeing we had as had to catch our flight to Miami. This was just a 1 night stopover but will return again and see all the wonderful sights this city has to offer.

We arrived in Miami and checked into our pre cruise hotel Courtyard By Marriott downtown, very nice hotel, staff very friendly. Bayside Marketplace was just a short walk away with lovely shops, reasturants and bars, a great place to relax.

March 6th Woo Hoo Cruise Day. We took a taxi to the cruise port which was only a 5 minute ride away. I was so excited as this was my 1st time on NCL Getaway, my daughter cruised on her last year and loved it.

We arrived at the port about 11.30am and was on board by 12.15, very quick and easy.

What a cruise ship, from the moment you step on board every one was so friendly and made you feel this will be your best cruise ever.

My daughter had told me about the sunset bar, how great the staff were so we headed there for our first drink. We found this to be a great place to meet and hang out during our cruise.