Any other things to do besides canals, animal rescue, plantations and zip lining?

annimal

We are on the Xmas sailing of the Coral Princess and dock in Limon on our itinerary. We have contacted Charlie Soto who offered his #1 tour which includes the Tortuguero canals, a visit to the animal resue center to pet animals, banana plantation tour, hilltop view of Caribbean Sea, trip to Bonita Beach and a stop at a local market. We are interested in the canal trip but aren't really interested in the animal rescue center or zip lining and are on the fence about the plantation.

Are there other sights to see in Costa Rica or things to do that are within reachable distance during our time there? Is the banana and/or coffee plantation worth the visit? I can't seem to find anything other than the above listed things and river rafting.

Any info would be great.

What else would you expect to "do" in a tropical rainforest?

Not to sound rude, but is your post a joke? You've listed 4 or 5 really different activities. Are you looking for something specific? There are several excellent guidebooks on Costa Rica that might offer additional ideas for your time in port.

Beth:confused:

We have never been to Costa Rica. I didn't know if there is a city with city, country or local history worth checking out or if it is primarily the rainforest and nothing else. We're not adventurous enough to do the ziplining and we don't really have any interest in traveling to a new country just to pet animals. I wasn't sure if visiting the canals is plenty to do as Charlie Soto was throwing in everything like the plantations, beach visit, animal rescue, etc. all on one trip.

Just got the Princess excursions book so I will flip through that for some ideas (in case there are any).

Archived