Parking Options for Carnival Cruises out of Long Beach

baconcurl

Okay, I live in southern CA and I do not like the idea of being charged $19/day to park my vehicle at the Long Beach Cruiseport Terminal. $133 parking charge for a seven day cruise?! Do you know how many drinks I could buy for that much money?

Anyways, I considered dropping off my Prius at a Long Beach Toyota dealer. I called service and told them I needed an oil change but had to go out of town that evening, so I asked if it was okay if I left it there for a week. The service guy talked to his manager and said that was too long to hold my car for an oil change. It sounded like if I required additional servicing they may reconsider. I also tried a Hyundai dealer and they gave me the same answer. If you are cruising out of LB I would at least call and ask a dealer. Worth a try, right?

Second option is a parking lot at 332 W.Broadway in Long Beach. I was told they charge $10/day. You could then walk two blocks to the Long Beach Passport Shuttle stop at 3rd/Promenade of Ocean/Pacific and get a free ride to the cruiseport. Their phone number is 562 570-1061.

In my case, I have a neice that lives in LB. She is allowing me to park my vehicle at her house and she will drop me off and pick me up.

Any other "out of the box" ideas?

We take the train to (or park at) Union Station. Then take the Metro and Passport to port. Mom can take Metro from the North SFV to port for under $2.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Another good option that has been mentioned in prior posts.

I believe parking at Gateway Plaza (right behind Union Station) is currently $8/day. Personally, it would take me an hour to get to Union Station and just over an hour to take the Blue Line to Long Beach. Then another 10-15 minutes to take the Passport to the terminal. Not so bad getting there with the anticipation of going on a cruise, but after disembarkation, I just want to get home.

I contacted the City of Long Beach parking and most of their lots do not allow parking for 72 straight hours. However, some lots will allow you to park if you buy a monthly parking permit. I believe they start out around $55, still less than half the $133 price for parking at the cruise terminal for 7 days.

Friends of mine have suggested parking at the nearest Walmart or Costco, but you risk the chance of getting towed.

Another friend suggested a park and ride lot. There are two lots along the Blue Line, one at the Wardlow stop (Pacific Ave) and the other is the Willow stop (at American Avenue). The Willow stop accomodates 899 spaces, the Wardlow stop accomodates 131 spaces. I'm not familiar with either lot, but I gotta say, there are some sketchy parts of LB along the Blue Line route.

Any other "out of the box" thinking?

Rent a car for the day at someplace near where you live, then have the car rental place drive you to the port after you drop off the car in Long Beach. Call them when you get back to have them deliver another car, or pick you up at the port, then drive home in the rental and turn in the car back near you house.