Update on the Splendor

love2cruise72

Hi to all,

My husband and I are cruising on the Carnival Splendor in 3wks and had read that it was suppose to go dry dock for some upgrade renovations (March 6-20 of this year). Does anyone know if that is true? Carnival's website does not show the new restaurants, bars and entertainments that I read were going to be made. This is our first time on this ship and I hope is a good one.

Yes, the Splendor did go into drydock. The Splendor returned from drydock this past Sunday (3/20) and is currently sailing. It received some minor upgrades to the tiles and carpet. They also added new captain suites on deck 9 towards the front of the ship. I'm a little disappointed that no 2.0 upgrades where made available to this beauty but word on the street is the Splendor is moving to China in 2018. I'm looking forward to my cruise on her (8/13/2016). This is a unique ship since it was originally designed for Costa Cruise Lines(Carnival's sister line) as the Costa Splendor but transferred to Carnival.

Yes, the Splendor did go into drydock. The Splendor returned from drydock this past Sunday (3/20) and is currently sailing. It received some minor upgrades to the tiles and carpet. They also added new captain suites on deck 9 towards the front of the ship. I'm a little disappointed that no 2.0 upgrades where made available to this beauty but word on the street is the Splendor is moving to China in 2018. I'm looking forward to my cruise on her (8/13/2016). This is a unique ship since it was originally designed for Costa Cruise Lines(Carnival's sister line) as the Costa Splendor but transferred to Carnival.

I am sailing on her in May. This is exactly what I have been able to find out from those currently on board, mutual friends of those on board, my PVP and my brothers cousins fathers uncle. LOL. The only other thing was the tables were not replace during dry dock so at least for now she has the old menus.

check out the splendor drydock thread on here. FLSteve has given some recent updates there. No American Table, nor much else in the way of visible changes. But there is other info on there. Check out that thread too.