Booking a Cruise while on a cruise

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows if you book a carnival cruise while you are on a cruise, are the rates cheaper? or the same? I am about to go on a cruise next month and my sister and I are planning another short cruise for the end of the summer (late Sept). She is wanting to go ahead and book it, but I was thinking about booking it while I'm on my cruise next month--IF the rates are better. Just curious!

Thanks!! :)

So my understanding is the rates are the same HOWVER you receive on board credit for booking while sailing - and a certificate for "friends and family" to book the same cruise as you did and they also receive the on board credit -

Rates will be the same just the perks of the voucher.

Just got off the breeze and got this lil tidbit of info.

Book a dummy cruise as far out as possible at past guest rate while onboard. I did this and got it for reduced deposit $100 pp a cruise voucher for onboard credit as well as 2 vouchers for family or friends.

The key is I can move this booking to any cruise I want at no charge and the Cruise certificate/voucher follows to the cruise I move it to.

So I am booked on the inspiration for the end of April 2018. Once I figure out which cruise I really want (like say the 7 day on miracle out of LA 10-8-16) I just call my PVP and have him switch the sailing and the $50 voucher goes up to $100 since this is a 7 day sailing and if 2 friends/ couples wish to join us I have 2 vouchers for them!

Edited by darth frosty

Rates will be the same just the perks of the voucher.

Just got off the breeze and got this lil tidbit of info.

Book a dummy cruise as far out as possible at past guest rate while onboard. I did this and got it for reduced deposit $100 pp a cruise voucher for onboard credit as well as 2 vouchers for family or friends.

The key is I can move this booking to any cruise I want at no charge and the Cruise certificate/voucher follows to the cruise I move it to.

So I am booked on the inspiration for the end of April 2018. Once I figure out which cruise I really want (like say the 7 day on miracle out of LA 10-8-16) I just call my PVP and have him switch the sailing and the $50 voucher goes up to $100 since this is a 7 day sailing and if 2 friends/ couples wish to join us I have 2 vouchers for them!

I just booked my first cruise while onboard the Conquest 3/13/16. And I was just telling my friends this same thing last night! We have sailed every winter for the past 4 years and why we havent been taking advantage of this is beyond me!! If we know we are going to cruise we might as well!!