deck 1 oceanview (what is below) too much vibration ??

fvandewouwer

Hi everyone,

we are looking at the transatlantic from Barcelona trip for October and are interested in an ocean view cabin on deck 1

as this is the lowest floor I am a bit considered about vibration noise from the engine room/ noise what so ever ....

I know this is a new ship so no reviews yet, but is there anyone who can figure out what will be below deck 1 and as I am doubting between 2 rooms

1278 or 1378 ( nothing in front of 1378 seems interesting ) not sure which one to pick so I really can use your advise.

I do have an option that will expire tonight

I do thank you for your time

from (sad) Belgium

have a nice weekend

Frie

Greetings fvandewouwe!

Please accept my sincere concern for what you and your fellow countrymen are going through at this time. We in the United States pray for your country. I have been to Belgium three times on vacation and can only say wonderful things about the kindness and hospitality of the people of Belgium. Brugges is one of my favorite cities!

Now to answer your question. Keep in mind none of us knows for sure as this is a new ship. I would go with 1378 for the following reasons:

1) I prefer midship toward aft as most evening activities such as dining, Havana bar, etc is in the back of the ship.

2) 1378 does not have a room directly across form it. This should keep the hallway quieter as far as doors opening.

I am sure either one would be a good choice as you really will not spend much time there except to sleep.

Keep us posted on you decision. And have a wonderful time on the transatlantic as it sounds fantastic!

to Cobrakev and Atocha Shipwreck Gal

Thank you for your time to answer.

Brugges is indeed lovely also our favorite city in our country.

still doubting about booking this cruise, never have travelled transatlantic

so I guess I need to ask in that section what experiences people have

( weather related )

husband says that 1278 would be the best option, back of the ship according to him ( and he worked all his life on a tugboat ) must have issues about the engines and the more upfront there are more issues about the waves

normally we book a room much higher but they are all sold ( no need of a balcony I guess, wintertime - transatlantic )

oh well this is a luxury problem hardly to call it a problem

we wish you both happy eastern and to Cobrakev a very nice cruise

stay safe

br

Frie

Regarding vibration and engine noise in the back of the ship, we book an aft wrap balcony every time. The furthest back you can go. We have had 4 of these in the past and with the advancements in cruising I think you will find there is no vibration that would bother you. We are on the Vista in an aft wrap (6461) in February 2017. The further front you are in a transatlantic, the more motion I believe you may feel. However, I would not hesitate to book any cabin as this is a wonderful ship. You cannot go wrong! Have a safe Easter!