Weird question - "me time" vs thermal suite opinion

mengel246

Hello!

I asked about the thermal suite a while ago and I don't need to know whether or not it's worth it (it definitely sounds like it is!) but I have a weird follow up question to that.

We're traveling on the Getaway next month. This is our first time cruising and we're bringing along our 3 and 5 year old. We're all getting very excited! However, I definitely need "me" time during the day, even when we're on vacation. When we travel on land I'm usually able to find a pool to swim a couple of miles a few days a week and come back relaxed and good. Obviously there's not a pool to workout in so I immediately figured I would go to the thermal suite. The Getaway has 4 ports on our 7 or 8 day cruise and we have plans to get off and do things at the ports (crossing fingers we don't miss any!). With that said, I'm not sure it's worth still spending the $179-$199 for the week or if they'll be other quiet areas I can sit outside and read/hang out that will be just as sufficient and save me the cost.

Any advice? FWIW my husband booked us an ocean view so I don't have a balcony to hang out on.

Thanks!

Edited by mengel246

Hello!

I asked about the thermal suite a while ago and I don't need to know whether or not it's worth it (it definitely sounds like it is!) but I have a weird follow up question to that.

We're traveling on the Getaway next month. This is our first time cruising and we're bringing along our 3 and 5 year old. We're all getting very excited! However, I definitely need "me" time during the day, even when we're on vacation. When we travel on land I'm usually able to find a pool to swim a couple of miles a few days a week and come back relaxed and good. Obviously there's not a pool to workout in so I immediately figured I would go to the thermal suite. The Getaway has 4 ports on our 7 or 8 day cruise and we have plans to get off and do things at the ports (crossing fingers we don't miss any!). With that said, I'm not sure it's worth still spending the $179-$199 for the week or if they'll be other quiet areas I can sit outside and read/hang out that will be just as sufficient and save me the cost.

Any advice? FWIW my husband booked us an ocean view so I don't have a balcony to hang out on.

Thanks!

Call NCL and see what the cost is to upgrade to a balcony. I think you would get way more use out of that! If not, there are quiet areas all over the decks you can sit and read, or just have alone time.

Edited by Sissaaaaaa

Another option on the Getaway is the Waterfront during the day. There are comfy chairs/loungers and those should be a good option. Of course, this is weather-dependent.

On the Escape, people often were set up on the Waterfront during the day reading, playing cards and just relaxing.