First time on Epic, with family

bubbles328

We have sailed with NCL several times now, on smaller ships like the Pearl. We have always booked a suite in the past, either forward facing or aft, which we loved.

I am looking at a Mediterranian cruise that sails on the Epic and frankly I am very disappointed with the choice of rooms. It appears that the Heaven is the only room somewhat equivalent to the suites on the other ships, in that it allows you priority boarding and disembarkation and access to a different restaurant for breakfast and lunch. These are the reasons we loved having a suite. But the Heaven seems to be a lot higher priced than what we paid for the suites, and it has only been about a year since our last trip. Have prices really gone up that much?

An additional wrinkle is that this time we are traveling with a baby who will be 14 months at the time, so we will have a stroller, a crib and additional luggage with us. And we are also traveling with our parents, who only cruised once on a different cruise line and in an inside cabin. They hated it and are now hesitant...

Edited to add: I understand that the current promo expires soon. Anyone know when the next opportunity to get beverages and wifi will come up?

I don't think we can afford two heaven rooms. Would it be worth it for us to get one to have the extra space? Or would it be dumb since they won't be able to spend time with us in the fancy private areas? How small are the regular balcony rooms? They could still hang out in our room if we had the heaven, right?

I am so upset by the arrangements that I am almost considering a different cruise line, but for the fact that we put down a deposit last time......

Edited by bubbles328
Edited to add additional question

Yes, the Havens are the only suites on the Epic. The Havens gives you access to private court yard area, private saunas, private steam room, private gym. It also gives you access to Posh Club. No one will notice or care if they hang in the room with you. For an additional fee (just like on the smaller ships), you can bring them into the Haven dining room (which is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner). We had a two-bedroom forward facing suite on the Epic last October. The second bedroom has a "cozy" bed, second toilet, and second shower. And the living room is plenty big.

Hi,

Sorry to ask a question here as I cant seem to start a new thread (joined yesterday)

It will be my first time cruising with Norwegian with my husband and child.

I assumed that this ship had a nursery for under 3 but unfortunately its only for Norwegian escape. I was wondering if im allowed to take my 1 year old to the comedy show?

Thanks

It had to be explained to me how to post a question.

At the top of the page on the RHS you'll see an orange box called community.

Tap that from the drop down tap forum

Brings up s new page

Select your cruise line from the many there

You will now see a box allowing you to start a new thread.

If you want your thread to appeare in the specific thread for the epic, make that the first word.

Your question will then appeare in both the forumm for all ncl ships and also the epic one.

I may have got this slightly wrong but it works for me

Hi,

Sorry to ask a question here as I cant seem to start a new thread (joined yesterday)

It will be my first time cruising with Norwegian with my husband and child.

I assumed that this ship had a nursery for under 3 but unfortunately its only for Norwegian escape. I was wondering if im allowed to take my 1 year old to the comedy show?

Thanks

Yes. No restrictions.