British passenger tries to swim to cruise ship

chelseauk

"A BRITISH holidaymaker has been rescued from the Atlantic after apparently trying to swim to her cruise liner when it left port without her.

The 65-year-old is said to have jumped into the icy water and tried to reach the vessel after changing her mind about cutting short her holiday following a row with her husband"

From the sun :http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/7032114/Brit-tourist-rescued-from-Atlantic-as-she-tried-to-swim-after-her-cruise-ship-when-it-left-without-her.html

To be honest words fail me at this point.

Edited by chelseauk

At first I thought it was an April 1st story

:D thats exactly what i thought i even checked the date.

In a way she was lucky she didn't get close to the ship couldn't see that ending well. It's just so good this ended the way it did - this could have been so tragic for all involved.

Edited by chelseauk

Is it just me who feels very sorry for this woman? She was obviously utterly distraught to have done such a desperate thing. Meanwhile the husband boards a plane without her, leaving her alone in a foreign country. No matter what the argument, his actions seem selfish to me.

I read today that she'd been to the Saturday evening Mass at 8pm, and was seen in the vicinity of the church at around 10pm. I'm sorry for the people involved in the whole situation.

Is it just me who feels very sorry for this woman? She was obviously utterly distraught to have done such a desperate thing. Meanwhile the husband boards a plane without her, leaving her alone in a foreign country. No matter what the argument, his actions seem selfish to me.

I totally agree, must have been some argument, he went off home on the plane apparently, nice man! Poor woman, she must have been out of her mind