BEWARE of calling for price changes

MotherofTrips

I've went through about a dozen cruises with CAS now and usually everything goes smooth. I've changed to a new promo 3 or 4 times without trouble. They usually have sent the new invoice and amenity list to my email before we are off the phone, and I always make sure to ask their name (if not offered) to make note of what I was told. If you have a CAS agent who doesn't seem willing to check into it for you, call back!

I'm sailing on the Gem on 4/1. The other day I noticed that the price on the mini-suite had come down so that it was about the same that I had paid for a balcony. I called and got the mini-suite. I asked the agent if I would keep my UBP, and she said yes. I was on hold while she finished the rebooking, and when she came back she told me that she was mistaken, and that I would lose the UBP with the rebooking. But she went to her supervisor and told him/her that she had already told me I would keep it, so the supervisor approved it. My suggestion to you is that you call back and explain what you were told. If they record calls, they can look it up and verify that you were told you'd keep it.