Camp Ocean Meal Question

Pyxie

I just booked my 2nd cruise for this October! Yay!

This will be my 1st cruise with my kids and also our 1st cruise on a ship with a steakhouse (Dream). I really want to try it out and prefer to book the 1st night for the free bottle of wine.

I don't know that my kids would appreciate the steakhouse and I don't want them disturbing others, so does anyone know if Camp Ocean serves dinner for them on the 1st night or does that start the 2nd night of the cruise?

Ok in that case, do you know if there are any kid friendly dishes on the steakhouse menu? I saw kids are only $10 a piece which isn't bad, but I don't know if they'll eat it.

I think kids are still the same $35. I thought the steakhouse was amazing and I highly recommend it. I would not necessarily bring my kids though. It is much more geared to the adult crowd. My 16 year old would enjoy it but I would not bring my nearly 5 year old. I like to spend the quality relaxation time with my hubs on our own though.

7ee53db4dcaee57e4aca988d93fb9e9e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by oneteeny

I think kids are still the same $35. I thought the steakhouse was amazing and I highly recommend it. I would not necessarily bring my kids though. It is much more geared to the adult crowd. My 16 year old would enjoy it but I would not bring my nearly 5 year old. I like to spend the quality relaxation time with my hubs on our own though.

7ee53db4dcaee57e4aca988d93fb9e9e.jpg

It says this on the booking page:

Dinner at a Carnival steakhouse is much more than a meal; it's an event. For the nominal charge of $35 adult/ $10 child (12 and under), steaks grilled to perfection, broiled lobster tails and all of your other mouth-watering favorites are always on the menu. So for a night of dinner and a whole lot of fun, request a table for any time between 5:30 PM and 9:30 PM. In order to best accommodate your party, we strongly recommend making your table request at least two weeks prior to your sail date.

But yeah it is probably not something my kids would care for.

It says this on the booking page:

Dinner at a Carnival steakhouse is much more than a meal; it's an event. For the nominal charge of $35 adult/ $10 child (12 and under), steaks grilled to perfection, broiled lobster tails and all of your other mouth-watering favorites are always on the menu. So for a night of dinner and a whole lot of fun, request a table for any time between 5:30 PM and 9:30 PM. In order to best accommodate your party, we strongly recommend making your table request at least two weeks prior to your sail date.

But yeah it is probably not something my kids would care for.

Very cool on the price! Thanks for pointing that out.

I always cruise with my kids, and I loooove the Steakhouse. I highly recommend waiting until the second night or later, to enjoy it sans kids. It's just not really a kid-friendly experience (in my opinion). I'm all about kids in the MDR, but I never bring mine to the Steakhouse.

I always cruise with my kids, and I loooove the Steakhouse. I highly recommend waiting until the second night or later, to enjoy it sans kids. It's just not really a kid-friendly experience (in my opinion). I'm all about kids in the MDR, but I never bring mine to the Steakhouse.

I agree 100%.

For the sake of the others spending $70+ on a nice meal please don't bring your child.

Not all children are horrible little monsters you know (or even slightly misbehaved or rowdy). Some (in fact, I would say most) are very well behaved. I wouldn't mind if someone brought their well behaved child to the steakhouse but unless your child likes steak, not sure if they'd enjoy it. Not sure if they have a kid's menu or not. They may have things like some kind of pasta or chicken that a kid might like but again, I'm not sure.

Not all children are horrible little monsters you know (or even slightly misbehaved or rowdy). Some (in fact, I would say most) are very well behaved. I wouldn't mind if someone brought their well behaved child to the steakhouse but unless your child likes steak, not sure if they'd enjoy it. Not sure if they have a kid's menu or not. They may have things like some kind of pasta or chicken that a kid might like but again, I'm not sure.

I never said they were, however, one of her kids is obviously small and the time it takes in the steakhouse is not conducive to a toddler or small child's schedule. I've seen children as young as 10 or 12 and they are well behaved. Not only will she enjoy dinner more but so will the rest of the patrons. I've been to the steakhouse and had people behind me that were so drunk and loud I couldn't have a nice conversation with my husband so it goes both ways. She stated she wanted first night because of the free wine. Carnival allows wine for each adult so she could bring her own bottle and pay the corkage fee.

I'm not sure if it's an option on carnival, but on RCL we went to their steakhouse. My oldest loves steak. My youngest, not so much. We always try to eat dinner together, unless the clubs had something special going on. The night we went, he wanted to join us. I paid his fee, but the waiters were very accommodating and got him chicken nuggets from the MDR kids menu. We are all going to the steakhouse the first night in August on sunshine. My youngest will now be 11 (almost 12 and very well behaved). He's still not much of a steak eater, but I'm hoping they will accommodate him since I'm still paying the fee. If not, that's ok too. It's more about the experience for my kids.

Edited by mibarron