New bbq place on magic

Aggie2010

Throw it all overboard ,,, That is not BBQ...... Not to southerner's anyway . BBQ is slowly smoked 6-8 hours with wood ... Not on a grill over charcoal

I read somewhere that it IS cooked IN a smoker. They had it installed during drydock. Fat Jimmys was over a grill.

I was told that once the ships gets into international waters, the meat served at the BBQ stops being USDA approved and is lower non-USDA approved meats, including horse meat. :mad:

Who told you? :rolleyes:

I guess the mixed drinks are paint thinner! :D

Who told you? :rolleyes:

I have a friend who works in procurement with the cruise lines in that dock in Galveston. He is the "middle man" between the ships and the companies.

He said more cruise lines have been ordering less than prime/choice cuts from the beef supplier to use in the dining areas outside of the dining room or pay restaurants. They even go with the cheapest ground meets and cheapest quality for BBQ. He said its easier to do this when BBQing meats because 99% of people think they are BBQ experts but really have no idea.

They can buy cuts like chuck steak and pass it off as ribeye because people think they know but they really don't.

Since they are also buying the cheapest ground beef, some of it could contain other items, such as horsemeat. Again, people don't know. Remember back in 2014 when Taco Bell mixed in horsemeat - and nobody knew. :eek:

A lot of CCL cheerleaders in this thread... :rolleyes:

That's ok, keep drinking the kool-aid and eating the horse meat. Keep telling yourself those Guy's Burgers are kobe beef. :rolleyes:

First response was a better response.

I have a friend who works in procurement with the cruise lines in that dock in Galveston. He is the "middle man" between the ships and the companies.

He said more cruise lines have been ordering less than prime/choice cuts from the beef supplier to use in the dining areas outside of the dining room or pay restaurants. They even go with the cheapest ground meets and cheapest quality for BBQ. He said its easier to do this when BBQing meats because 99% of people think they are BBQ experts but really have no idea.

They can buy cuts like chuck steak and pass it off as ribeye because people think they know but they really don't.

Since they are also buying the cheapest ground beef, some of it could contain other items, such as horsemeat. Again, people don't know. Remember back in 2014 when Taco Bell mixed in horsemeat - and nobody knew. :eek:

Name the middleman's company. I'm sure plenty of people would be interested in your story and their's. :cool:

Sounds unlikely.