ATD and a 9 top

golfb4cruzing

I would generally recommend large groups not use ATD as it might increase wait times unless you willing to split up. I remember being part of a 10-top before, but that was multiple tables...and I'm sure there are round tables that might support 8-10 as well, but they might be occupied when you get there and thus might have to wait.

Edited by krehberg

We do ATD every cruise.

In 2012 we had a party of 9 on the Liberty....no serious wait (5-10 minutes max), no problem at all, had the same wait staff and table every night (best wait staff in all our cruises!). We usually went down between 5:30 - 6:00.

Fast forward to 2014 on the Freedom. Party of 7....minimal wait times (15-20 mins), different servers/table each night. Again we usually went down about 5:30-6:00 every night.

It seems most of our waiting stems from getting there so early that the dining area isn't quite open yet....not from waiting for a table large enough for our party.

This year we will again have a party of 7 and will do ATD. For us, it's really no different than going out to your local dining establishment on a weekend night. And truthfully, the wait time is significantly less on the boat than it is at home.

Of course, YMMV....but Carnival really seems to be getting the hang of it, at least in our experience.

If you can make reservations for a large party, that's the way to go....it's hard to seat larger parties, as you need 2 nearby tables to be vacant at the same time. So...make reservations, or eat early BEFORE the "popular" times!!!

New years cruise 2016 had 9 people at a round table. Would have been plenty of room but some of us ordered multiple appetizers . Ha Ha . We had no problem with any time dining. We sent a person down at 5-5:15 every night we ate in MDR .We also had the same wonderful wait staff. We requested same staff every night we ate in MDR. Next cruise we have only 3 people in our party I assume that will work out great.