Forward Staterooms on Anthem

Good morning! Booking a cruise over a year ahead has allowed us time to plan and plan some more. That being said, we've been looking into several stateroom options, two of which are forward on Anthem of the Seas. I've read a number of reviews that say, for some reason, folks feel more motion than usual on Anthem. If you've sailed in a forward cabin on Anthem, I'd love to hear your feedback on what the motion was like. Thanks all and have a great day!

We were exactly left of forward middle, deck 8, large ocean view cabin (8102). It was during the infamous February 6th cruise. My DH is extremely prone to motion sickness and wears 1/2 of a Scopolamine patch. Neither of us got sick, even with the extreme motion from the storm. Don't go into a cruise expecting to be sick. Stay away from folks that are always complaining about the motion. Use the patch and expect the best. It's an amazing ship and we are returning to it in September. Have a wonderful time.

Cheers, Betty

We were exactly left of forward middle, deck 8, large ocean view cabin (8102). It was during the infamous February 6th cruise. My DH is extremely prone to motion sickness and wears 1/2 of a Scopolamine patch. Neither of us got sick, even with the extreme motion from the storm. Don't go into a cruise expecting to be sick. Stay away from folks that are always complaining about the motion. Use the patch and expect the best. It's an amazing ship and we are returning to it in September. Have a wonderful time.

Cheers, Betty

Good to know. Thanks for the feedback!

It was not the movement that bothered me as much as the shuddering movement / slamming noises when we went through waves. MUCH worse on that ship than the others that I have been on, and of course you feel that more towards the front of the ship.

The weather wasn't the nicest, so you might not have that if the weather is good.

It was not the movement that bothered me as much as the shuddering movement / slamming noises when we went through waves. MUCH worse on that ship than the others that I have been on, and of course you feel that more towards the front of the ship.

The weather wasn't the nicest, so you might not have that if the weather is good.

Thanks for clarifying, and I'm happy to hear it was more the resulting noise than the actual movement that was bothersome. Of course, we are hoping for good weather. We will see.

We were in a forward room on Deck 10 and had mixed weather during our cruise. I personally didn't think the motion was any worse in our room than elsewhere on the ship, but my husband disagrees with that. However, one thing we did both experience was the room and everything in it juddering like mad whenever we pulled up to or away from a dock. As the ship docked early in the morning in most ports, a lot of the time that meant that we got woken up unexpectedly early. One time we were in the solarium when pulling away from the dock and noticed it was just as bad there (not something we ever experienced on Independence or Explorer), so it seemed the whole front of the ship was affected by it. We wouldn't book a forward room on Anthem again.

We were in a forward room on Deck 10 and had mixed weather during our cruise. I personally didn't think the motion was any worse in our room than elsewhere on the ship, but my husband disagrees with that. However, one thing we did both experience was the room and everything in it juddering like mad whenever we pulled up to or away from a dock. As the ship docked early in the morning in most ports, a lot of the time that meant that we got woken up unexpectedly early. One time we were in the solarium when pulling away from the dock and noticed it was just as bad there (not something we ever experienced on Independence or Explorer), so it seemed the whole front of the ship was affected by it. We wouldn't book a forward room on Anthem again.

Wow! Thanks for sharing a different perspective. This is helpful in making our decision.

I was forward on the Anthem and we had some rough weather. I don't think the movement of the ship was much worse than expected. However, there were lots of loud, annoying, creaking noises in the cabin which I had never heard on any other ship.

Edited by sloanesq

I was forward on the Anthem and we had some rough weather. I don't think the movement of the ship was much worse than expected. However, there were lots of loud, annoying, creaking noises in the cabin which I had never heard on any other ship.

Thanks! This information is quite helpful. I'm happy to hear that the actual movement of the ship wasn't an issue. I'm thinking that we can deal with the creaking, etc.

Thanks! This information is quite helpful. I'm happy to hear that the actual movement of the ship wasn't an issue. I'm thinking that we can deal with the creaking, etc.

The noise was definitely something that you could ignore. It was just unexpected. I chalked it up to the newness of the ship and maybe different cabin design and/or materials.

We experienced exactly the same thing. We were in a forward balcony cabin on the sixth floor on the Quantum and heard load creaking and groaning. We had really rough seas 20-25 ft. on the first night and with every wave we heard loud banging. Every time we heard the banging the ship shuddered. I have never heard sounds like that on any of the ships we have been on.

Edited by SICruiseGirlNYC