Regal M428

mic123

Hi All, I am considering this cabin an on upcoming cruise and was trying to find out if this balcony gets any sun at all due to the overhang.

I read the other threads regarding this cabin but the sun question was never addressed.

If anyone has stayed in this cabin or any of the surrounding cabins and can answer this, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance :).

I have never stayed in this particular cabin, however, I have stayed in a mini suite on the Marina deck. The cabins I chose were more towards the front, with only other passenger cabins above them.

I would avoid M428 myself. I like quiet and privacy, and the location of M428 scares me. You see, the Lido deck is directly above the Marina deck. M428 is directly below the pool area, near the main elevators, and near the entrance to the buffet. All of these things will make the room too noisy for me. Lots of scraping chair noise. To top it off, your balcony is below the Seawalk, so a lot of people will be looking down into your balcony, or at least, noisily discussing the incredible view while you are out on the balcony.

My two cents. I am sure others will disagree.

We were on the Baja deck 426 on the Royal and think this is the best side to be in. Almost no one looks down from the sea bar and we got a good amount of sun. Baja deck is fairly low and it can be a hike to go up stairs. I would not mind being 1-2 decks higher but I agree that the Marina deck is not optimal.

Thanks all, we decided to go with B422 instead (port side). Interestingly, on the princess site it says it has a larger angled balcony although the deck plans do not show this. We are expecting the normal small narrow balcony.

Thanks all, we decided to go with B422 instead (port side). Interestingly, on the princess site it says it has a larger angled balcony although the deck plans do not show this. We are expecting the normal small narrow balcony.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't think B422 is an extended angled balcony - shows as 222 Sq Ft with standard Royal/Regal Class balcony - may want to double check if balcony size is important.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't think B422 is an extended angled balcony - shows as 222 Sq Ft with standard Royal/Regal Class balcony - may want to double check if balcony size is important.

No, not that important. We originally had D410 (deluxe balcony w/angle extended balcony) but then saw prices had dropped considerably.

TA said we could not have the same cabin because it was essentially canceling and rebooking to get the lower fare. Our change saved us about $2000 and went from a deluxe balcony to a mini suite. We will deal with the smaller balcony for that kind of savings :).

It was when I was looking on the Princess site and clicked on B422, in the special notes section it said extended balcony. Either way, I'm ok with it.

Edited by mic123

No, not that important. We originally had D410 (deluxe balcony w/angle extended balcony) but then saw prices had dropped considerably.TA said we could not have the same cabin because it was essentially canceling and rebooking to get the lower fare. Our change saved us about $2000 and went from a deluxe balcony to a mini suite. We will deal with the smaller balcony for that kind of savings.It was when I was looking on the Princess site and clicked on B422, in the special notes section it said extended balcony. Either way, I'm ok with it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Understand - excellent - you are on top of things - good for you - always good to know before you go. Enjoy.