10 am flight out of NYC?

Dixie24

If you are on the 4 day, I am assuming you are exiting the the ship on Monday morning. I take the cruise every year, and a number of times I have gone from the ship with self assist home via the train to Queens and then back into the city to be at work at 9.

The last few times we weren't able to leave the ship till almost 8am

You might make the flight, but you would be cutting it very close, now if you were getting off the ship on a Saturday/Sunday the odds would be greatly improved.

On the other hand, with the 4pm flight you would have time to see a few sights or even hit a museum you wanted.

35 to 40 minute drive to LGA from the pier on Sat. or Sunday morning. NY is big on events so you could run into a parade or bike thing. I'd never consider a 10 AM flight and I've sat all day too. You could book a Carnival tour of the city, that way your suitcases are not a problem.

Sailed in to New York last summer on the Splendor and we were docked before 7am. However, due to customs, the first groups off the ship didn't start until 8:30am. Not sure if the ship's transport to LGA at that time, but they generally wait to "fill" the bus before going. If you were planning on doing a cab instead, count on twenty minutes from stepping off the gangway in the terminal just to get to a place where you could hail a cab. (You would think cabs would be lined up to pick up passengers. They are not).

And then hope there's no traffic. :rolleyes:

Any chance there is a NYC based excursion which includes transport to the airport at the end? It would certainly dovetail much better with a 4pm flight.